Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
I seen Tube dude at the nell as I was loading my boat to leave he showed me some of his jigs, real nice then a big fish jumped and he was off....

I started fishing at 7:00 the air was 18 and the water was 41 caught 5 bass 9 browns and 2 rain bows most fish came from 40+ feet I was off the water by 1:00....

The only ice was in the eyes of my rods or all the way up the rock cliff arm in 10 feet of water...

[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I think that fish just jumped up to laugh at me. He sure didn't munch what I was offering. In fact, I didn't get a bite in two hours of aggessively working that whole area around Hailstone. That was my "Plan C". [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I had worked Deer Creek around the island from 9-noon, with only a few hatchery pets (see separate report). Plan B was to run up to Rock Cliff to play with a few (maybe) larger fish. That plan "went south" when I found the upper end frozen clear to the first point (see pics). There were a couple of guys out on the ice...but they were walking like they had hemhorroids (?). I figured the ice must be pretty thin. When I met Cliff at Hailstone though, he said he had talked to them and they said they had 5" of ice...and he also said it was a good 2" right at the water's edge. Also said it was only about 10 feet at the edge of the ice so far.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]BSed with Bassrods for a few minutes before launching at Hailstone. Took some pics of ramp conditions (see attaached). Temperature was 36 when I got there and 41 when I left at 3:30.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Water temp was just over 42 in the main lake. Still a ways to hard deck. But, with some more cold nights, Rock Cliff ice cap will be growing out to the perch zone. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
I wish that either you or Clif would have plugged the camera back in while you were up there. It has been out for several days.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry Kent. Neither one of us would qualify in the olympic pole climbing event. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I thought maybe the problem was with my recent download of the Internet Explorer 7, but it is good to know that it is the fault of the cameras and not my computer.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Mike, careful now. Breathe through your nose and stay on your meds.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lake X is a couple of weeks to a month away for REALLY good perchin'. But, Mantua is ready to rumble. Should be some good reports by the end of this week.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also looks like about half of Salt Lake is headin' to Pelican within the next 7 to 10 days. Hope it is safe and that the fish are willing to play this year again.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Tongue] [angelic]
[signature]