Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry ( 12-09-06)
Fished the berry today. Ran into 15 or more BFTers. The catching was tough today. Caught 5 early in the morning, after 10 O'clock it became tougher to get any hook ups. Iced 7 for the day from 7:00am - 2:00pm. From 11:00 - 1:00 we where marking very few fish. The ice at mud creek is holding up very well during these warm temperatures showing not signs of getting soft. Chicken Creek East had a thin sheet of ice last weekend but during the week most of the ice has come off, see picture. Temperature was about 9* at 6:30am and 42* at 2:00pm.
[signature]
Where were you? Me, Bassackwards, and CBR were playing in the mud. We caught a couple limits each, but like you said after 10:00 it died(right when I figure out my fishfinder).

[signature]
We where along the north shore about half way out just past the area that looked like open water.
[signature]
Bigcat and I also hit the Mud this morning with family and friends. Fishing was pathetic to say the least. It was probably one of the worst Berry trips in years. Fishing was very slow all morning. Moved here and there, shallow, deep, the works. Didn't graph much and did catch some here and there, but overall it STUNK! We had to leave at noon and didn't miss out on much!

Great to run into alot of BFTer's up there. Anxiously waiting for other places on the Berry to freeze up! [unsure]

F4F
[signature]
dont know how you guys missed us tome. i think we where on the ice before you guys
[signature]
I guess I didn't miss much today. I was on my way up there with six kids (3 were mine) this morning when I had car trouble. We were cruising along Daniels Canyon when my van just died, about 3 miles from the summit. A good samaritan stopped and gave me a jump, just enough to get me going down the hill. The engine died again, a couple of miles from the truck station, and was able to call for help. Needless to say, the morning sucked for me but was able to salvage the day at Lindon Boat Harbor. Took the kids around 1:30 and let them play on the clear ice and catch some whities in between playtime. Ice thickness ranged from 4-5" in the harbor and thins out to an inch at the mouth. Some anglers went home today with bucket loads of white bass. I took home ten with the biggest at 14 1/2", smallest 10". Strawberry sucked for me (didn't get there at all) but Lindon Boat Harbor made up for it.
The mighty gunmeister has spoken! Sounds like you guys did OK compared to the others. At least you were out fishin' though.
[signature]
Where were you? I tried mean JoeGreen[Tongue].

[signature]
I took my son out today. We got there about 2:00 and everybody left shortly after we got there. Saw some nice fish that were caught. One a 22 1/2: cut and some other nice rainbows. The bite was slow but we finally caught one 19 1/2" cut at 6:30 just as we were leaving. (yes, he was returned for another catch another day).
It was great to be out on the ice. It's going to be a great winter.

Take the time to teach someone to fish. It makes the sport more worthwhile.
Macscabin
[signature]
Did you get the white bass through the ice? Have you purchased your new fishfinder yet (try to figure out which part I helped pay for [blush])
[signature]
Yes, the white bass was through the ice. Picked up a Marcum LX-3 at Cabelas. Thanks for taking the Fishing Buddy off my hands!
[signature]
Hey Bigcat, it was good to meet you. sounds like your day didn't get any better. We had the same luck. Very Slow!
[signature]
Thanks Mike for the report,was there any open water in the bay?I like super safe ice or I won't ask.

Mike
[signature]
Mud Creek Bay is about 3/4 frozen, there was a boat pulled up to the edge of the ice on the east end of Mud Creek. On the west end of Mud Creek there is an area that looks like open water but I think it was lagging behind and never got any snow on it. Every one walks around this area so I am not sure how safe this area is. Other than that the ice is in good shape and seems to be growing.
[signature]
I was out on a canned pheasant hunt with my boss. Kinda hard to skip out on something like that.

How did mean joe perform?
[signature]
thanks Mike
[signature]
Although the catching was pretty horrible it is always fun to get out on the hard deck with my dad, my kids, and some friends. It was good to see some BFTers that I have met several times (MGB, bugln4bulls, fishinpro40, kneipof (prob not spelled right), and to fish with fishin4fun and fishingminnisota is always a good time. I also got to meet a few other BFTers this trip (waterrat, Petty4life (send me my flag![Tongue]), polokid, and proline. Always good to put a face with a name. I can't figure out what happened to all the fish. Fishin4fun and myself did well there on tuesday and I fished my exact same hole on saturday. The fish that did come through didn't seem very interested in any of our offerings and rarely bit.. I can't wait til some other area's on Strawberry freeze up!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Mike. My cousin and I hesitated going to Strawberry because we didn't think the ice was thick enough. Went to Huntington instead and got shellacked. We did salvage a pretty good trip by lake hopping to Scofield. Sorry the bite was slow, but it makes me feel better about my Huntington experience Saturday. There were fish all over the finder...just not biting. I'm blaming the poor bite on the full moon 3 days ago and the fact that we were in a low pressure due to the front moving in that arrived today.

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.