Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnow Question
I have a gift card from Cabelas that I need to use and I also have a lot of Cabelas points to cash in on. I want to get some minnows from Cabelas but don't really know what to get. I have looked at all the different ones that they have and am not sure what to get. Any advice would be appreciated. Color, Sizem and any other information would help. I have heard that flarheads are good but I don't know.

C&R
[signature]
I'm not sure which minnows that Cabela's has, but if you have a choice between chubs and red sided minnows go with the chubs. If I can get them fresh I will take a red sided minnow over a chub any day; however, when they are frozen and then thawed out red sided minnows seem to get far softer (aka mushy) than a regular chub. Size depends on how you are going to fish them. If you plan on ice fishing with them I would go with the smaller minnows and cut them up into small chunks to tip your jigs. If you are going to fish them in the summer for catfish or perhaps macks then you should go with larger minnows.
[signature]