Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River???
Anyone fished on the Weber river lately, below Rockport, around Wanship? I haven't been there for a couple weeks. My bro-in-law is coming in to town, and has expressed a desire to learn how to fly fish. I want to take him up there.

Anyone been there lately? What are the flows like? Is the spawn COMPLETELY over, or are there still some late arrivals that are still at it?
[signature]
The lower weber (mouth of the canyon) is beautiful right now. As far as spawning, i think it is about over. I would assume the upper river is in good shape.
[signature]
I fished the Middle Weber on Friday 12/08. The reiver is at typical winter flows (around 60 cfs) and is much easier wadding than the Provo. The brown spawn is over and it has settled into a typical winter fishing pattern. Friday there were midges hatching all day but I saw exactly one fish rise to the surface which is pretty typical for the winter. I would suggest nymphing. The fish seem to have gone back to some of the deeper holes and runs. Friday the fishing was not fast, I had to work for the fish I caught but I would recommend it for beggining flyfishing one because it is easier to wade and two it is less crowded. Most of the fish you will catch will be white fish but they are fun to catch. Good luck.
[signature]