Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pontoon boats??
Hello everyone, just found this site and thought I would join in.

I'm in the market to purchase a pontoon boat, any suggestions out there about what is available and what I should look for in a quality boat? Any info provided would be appreciated.

Main uses would be at places like Mantua, Willard, Uintas, and also the Green. Hopefully there is a boat out there that would be appropriate for any setting.

Thanks for any help....and remember....Go Barbless!
[signature]
Greetings Barbless and welcome to BFT.com. I have a coworker that is selling his Pontoon Boat for $200. I do not know the exact details, but if you think you might be interested, I can get them for you. [Smile]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Mr. B. Welcome to the site. You asked about pontoons, but you might clarify if you are being generic or specific. There are a wide range of pontoons, mini-pontoons and kickboats that some folks refer to interchangeably as 'toons. Have you looked at anything specific yet?

Are you planning to get a system with the auxilliary oars, or are you looking for a "hands-free" operation, to power with fins alone? Also, are you already a float tube kinda person, or will this be your first venture into "floatation fishing"?

By including the Uintas in your list of potential waters, I suspect that weight will be a consideration. There are some good lightweight mini-pontoons that can serve on both the lowland waters and the packin ponds.

Before making any specific recommendations, it would be good to know if you have budget considerations (spousal control???). While it is generally true that you get what you pay for, there are some good bargains to be had. However, you should first decide on what features you need and which you can live without, and then apply the size and cost factors.

Your "nom de BFT" suggests you may lean toward flinging feathers, but do you also fish for the warm water species...and with what kind of tackle? Post some more info on the board and I'm sure you will get some good input. You might also want to wander over to the Float Tube board, on BFT. I moderate that board and there are a good group of tubers, tooners and 'yakkers who drop in.

I can supply several links for online purveyors of flotation craft. There are quite a few quality manufacturers. Let me know what you need.
[signature]
[#ff0000]Cheers! and welcome! Don't know much about them pontoon boats except they get blown out to sea faster than my little rowboat in a stiff wind! (It's always good to see someone having a worse day than you once in a while.) Other than that they look like a blast. Post back and tell us what you got for how $ and how you like it![/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[signature]

When you ask about gear you open a whole can of worms here.
My $0.002
do an 8' p.t.
I like the quality of the southfork by bucks bags for the price and features.I have cheaper p.t.'s but it is still my best seller
[signature]