Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Creek
Went up to strawberry this morning and had a little better luck then yesterday. (yesterday I got skunked) Caught five fish ranging from 18.5in to 21.5in. Stayed in about 26 feet of water and caught them all about 10-14 feet below the ice. Was using a 2" white tube jig with a mealworm.
The morning was slow as it was yesterday. A few people around me caught some more using shrimp on a white tube at the bottom. And others couldn't get a bite.
Hope it picks up soon.
[red][size 3]Any ideas on the air temps while you were there?[/size][/red]
[signature]
Okay who felt sorry for him and sold him a fish today?[Tongue] He couldn't even buy a bite yesterday.

Nice fish you posted on the ice board. What time of day were they bitting today? Did you run into any of the other BFT people up there today? Maybe next week will be better and I can school you again.
[signature]
We were out there today as well. We arrived just before daylight and fished until around 1 p.m. Fishing was spotty at best. We ice some here and there, but nothing to talk about. We moved around alot and finally found the fish, but they are PICKY! Holy cow, I threw in everything including my middle finger! [Tongue] We finally started setting our jigs literally on the bottom and letting the fish pick it up off the bottom. Crazy- but it worked today to entice a few that were picky.

Caught most fish suspended at 10-16'. Even watched a few right under hole! Spent most of the day in 25-27' ft of water and used the tackle box on them!

It was nice to get out again and most of all, try out my new ice shelter! [cool]

All I want for Christmas is the rest of the Berry to freeze in a hurry- Mud Creek is pretty dead right now. Need some fresh ice... quick!

F4F
[signature]
How thick was the ice at mud creek.
[signature]
That is hilarious! I'll have to try the 'middle finger' next time it is slow fishing!

Come on cold weather- let's make some ice already!
[signature]
Don't forget to "Pour one for the Homies".

[signature]
Ice is holding up great. 6-8" of ice on the south side of the bay where we were. No slush- it was a little chilly today up there despite the warm temps in the valley.

F4F
[signature]
I'm headed to mud creek in the morning. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Hey,
Out4aFloat it was nice to meet you today. Thanks for letting me borrow your auger so I could get to the soft water. You saved the day for me. I caught one before I left at about noon (19"). Caught it on a white paddlebug and a minnow 20ft. down. I wasn't getting much action on the fish finder either. I hope it picks up soon. I hope to go out again on Wed. I'll remember the rest of the auger this time.

Macscabin
[signature]
Thanks for the report,did you fish in the afternoon at all?
[signature]
Air temp was 34 f when i got out of the jeep at 7:00am and the wind never really came up. There was a slight breeze but not bad. The ice was still hard on top, no slush.
[signature]
I never really caught any back to back except around 11:00 to 12:00 i caught the last two. I hooked the first one just before 8.
[signature]
Ice is about 7-8 inches thick.
Good to meet you too. I would of done the same thing if I left mine home. Come over anytime.
[signature]
I believe the reason Mud Creek has been so slow so far this winter is because it has been seeing a lot of pressure. As soon as the marina, CC, and other bays have a decent cap, the reports from the Berry will improve drastically.

I can't wait to hit it on the 26th. [Smile]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, nice moniker, man[Wink]. Welcome to BFT and thanks for your report. I've gotta get out to 'da berry soon. In the next week-two their will be a lot more areas freezing up on that lake...
[signature]
Don't feel too bad about needing some help. That's one of the great things about this board and it's members. If you can find one they always seem to help.

A short list of things left home by Out4aFloat and I in the past few years include but not limited to : snowpants, coat, bait, tube fins, chair, pole (he leaves it in the car a lot), ice scoop. It's almost like fishing with O4T. You just never know.
[signature]
[cool]Like fishing w/O4T??? Hey man, I don't know what you're talking about. You say it's like fishing w/BassAckward, LOL!

Hey, we need to go fishing sometime soon. Looks like I'm gonna have a lot more fishing time on my hands now, so let me know. I've got a spot in mind on Strawberry (and it ain't Mud Creek neither) that I'm thinking of going to next Saturday a.m....
[signature]
My buddy Jeff (a lurker) and I landed 10 before noon on Thursday. We would have landed more but we had a group move to within 10 feet of us and they sarted catching fish and we never got another bite.
[signature]