Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post your hunting pictures
I would like to see some hunting pictures and maybe some short stories. If others show interest I will post a few more old photos.

This is a picture of the buck I killed in 2005. Spotted him from about a mile away and put a stalk on him after him and the two other bucks he was with bedded down. I was able to get 30 yards from where all of them were bedded and they had no clue I was there. After a few minutes I became impatient and tossed a rock over the bedded bucks. They got up and looked directly away from me where the rock landed. I was able to put an arrow in him a few seconds latter.
[Image: cfaab6d4.jpg?t=1166470530]
Here is a picture of the tree they were bedded under. I took this picture just after I shot him.
[Image: 26b3ee12.jpg?t=1166470519]
This is the same tree that I took a picture of the deer that I killed this year. This picture was taken in August of 2006. Next time I'm hunting in this area I think I will take a look under this tree and see if there are any bucks bedded there.[Wink]
[Image: 06Buck3.jpg?t=1166470694]
[signature]
Keep them coming! There is not any traffic on the Main hunting board.
[signature]
Why not post em on all the hunting boards?
[signature]
I've started looking at some of the other boards, so I'll post something on the hunting one. I usually put in for a controlled hunt, cows only (my testosterone level doesn't require antlers). Didn't get one this last fall, but I'll post a photo from the one before. The only bad part to my story is the group of three hunters who jumped out of their truck and started flock shooting into the herd. If we had been close enough to get their license plate, I'd have turned them in.

Thanks for letting me share. :-)
[signature]
Thanks for posting the picture of the elk. Considering that only 1 out of every 5 hunters who buy and elk tag actually get their elk, you are doing very well even if you get an elk every other year. I've only tagged 2 elk in the past 6 years.
[signature]
Wow, you actually have a 1 in 5 kill ratio? I think ut is about 1 in 100.
I have killed 3 bulls the last 4 years and i consider myself super lucky. I know 50 year old men who have never shot one in 30 years of hunting. Congrats on the fine eating cow ReelLady.[Smile]
[signature]