Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atv's on the ice
does anyone know if there is any safe ice for atvs yet....i have 10 days off and got a new atv cant wait to pull the sled with it.thanks for the info and ---------fish on-----------
[signature]
I'll bet Scofield has plenty of ice for an atv by now, but with the recent storm the snow/slush level might be a problem, maybe someone has a little more recent info.
When the berry caps completely, be extremely careful. The bays cap long before the main lake and it seems like ev ery year someone pulls out on the ice checks the depth (which is more than adequate) and tears off across the lake only to cross from safe ice on the bays to new thin ice on the main lake and in they go.
On another note, what kind of atv did you get? I got a Honda Rincon last year and was amazed at how much snow and slush it could handle on stawberry and how much more of the lake it opened up for me. Keep in touch and in a couple of weeks we'll work out a trip when srawberry has safe ice and do a little atv ice exploring.
[signature]
thanks for the info fairway i got a polaris x2 500 i love it i got it b4 the deer hunt and had a ball i will keep in touch cant wait to get out on the lake.-fish on-
[signature]
scofield has had atv capable ice for about 2 weeks now.
jed
[signature]
I have seen atv's on parts of Mud Creek this year. I have also taken the snowmobile on Berry this year. Just have to pick the spots with care.
[signature]
We had a Foreman out to the island on Scofield last Friday-there was a snowmachine there and atvs in several other locatiions. Ice was ~10" thick
[signature]
thanks for all the reports on the ice and 4 wheelers i am heading out this weekend and everyday after that have the chains on and ready to go will be going to scofield .thanks again
[signature]