Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Sun 12/17/06 report
Arrived at Mud Creek 7am. Set up fished all day. 3 Cutts for me a 17"& two 19"'s. Partner 6 fish. 4 Slott Cutts. 2 rainbows about 18".
Slow day. Not sure why. The water had a current under the ice and was very dirty. Lots of light hits. Had to be fast to set the hook. Still a fun day !. Ice was 8 inches of hard clear ice. Peace ! and good fishin'
[signature]
Thanks for sharing your report. A lot of the guys are reporting the same thing about it being slow. I'm sure it has something to do with all the open water on the main body of the lake. That hopefully will change in the next couple of weeks. WH2
[signature]
Too bad things were slow for you. At least a few fish decided to stop by and say howdy.
[signature]
What were you fishing with?
Were you seeing anything on the finder?
We fished there on Saturday, and the fish were right on the bottom. All we caught were on minnow chunks on a white jig.
What were you caughting them on?
[signature]
I have had enough of Mud Creek so I decided to fish the marina from the bank Tuesday from 12:00-4:00. I was using tube jiggs, landed over a dozen, lost a few and had a couple break off. Caught a 24 incher, 23 incher and a nice fat rainbow.
[signature]
how much snow is on the ice at mud creek?
[signature]
MGB...any ice forming at the marina or other area's?
[signature]
MGB-

With these low temps, I would figure some new ice might be forming up there. I take it you were up there yesterday? How's the lake looking?

F4F
[signature]
The marina showed now signs of icing up. It surprised me the temperature was 20* at the marina and 9* in Heber. If the wind would stop blowing for a day or two it would probably freeze.
[signature]
Never checked on Mud Creek but the marina had about 6 new inches of snow.
[signature]
Maybe 4 to 6 inches of snow and 8 inches of Ice. We went up on Tuesday and I caught 5 while my buddy caught 9.
[signature]