Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHERE to go - where they at? Family in town.
I have family coming in for Christmas and they wanna get the boat out one last time....where would you recommend going within 90 minutes of SLC with open water to launch a boat and catch fish. Quantity is going to be the most important as we have a couple little boys (7yrs old) with us...I am thinking Strawberry as that is where I usually fish but not sure if it is open (to launch the boat) and if it is where to fish and with what lures. ANY ADVICE would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU in advance!!!
[signature]
It's ben really cold up at the Berry... -12 yesterday in the morning. That may be a bit cold for the kids.Utah Lake has been hot for whities, but I don't know if you could get a boat on it now.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Deer Creek and Jordanelle still have open water but the fishing has dropped way off. You can catch fish, but you have to fish deep and be pretty sharp about deep water techniques. Not a good bet for getting kids into a lot of fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I doubt if there are any open harbors on Utah Lake. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Open Water? Not much of that to launch at. I would contact the ranger station at Yuba. It's just about 90 minutes south, easy highway pull. If the water is open rig for catch and release perch for action and deep troll super slow for walleye or troll top to mid depth for rainbow trout.
Next best bet would be a lot farther away to Powell at Bullfrog where you could catch 100 stripers a day easy.

Now if you want to ice fish more places are getting safe everyday. Mantua for panfish and maybe a trout. Strawberry for C & R of slot Cutts.
[signature]