Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 12/21/2006
Made it to Matua at 2pm. There were a few people on the ice. Walked around, found my spot, and punched a hole. 16.5 feet with fish on the screen. Never moved until I left at 4:30. Put several perch on the ice. SizeConfusedmall, smaller, and too small to be called a perch(bait). The sun was up and only had a little breeze that stopped when the sun touched the top of the mountain. Ice is about 4-6 inches with little snow.

That all..
[signature]
Sounds a little like our day. We were lucky to get a couple of trout in the process. Looks like those perch are really stunting. They need to raise the limit on those puppies and encourage harvest. [Sad]
[signature]
At least the perchies were eager to jump out of the ice for ya! Too bad they were on the smaller side though. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Oh, also two people around me pulled a cut and a bow out of the ice. both about 12 inches.
[signature]
MantuaFanatic and I will try our luck tomorrow around noonish...
hopefully we'll get more than just little perchies!
[signature]
You better believe it!! I am all packed and ready to go tomorrow. I don't care how bad that snow storm is I am still going fishing! I would also like to do some catching so wish us luck!!
[signature]
[cool]You guys should be alright. It's only supposed to snow 1-4 inches in the valley. Good luck up there. Hope you find the 'gils and some largies too.
[signature]
Sorry about the delay in the report. I just got to an internet connection. Mantua was very cold and quite breezy Friday afternoon. Met up with Lavaman --good to meet you--. We had a pretty good time for a few hours. Pulled up a few decent bluegils and a couple small perch. I pulled out a 15" trout and my wife pulled out a very fat 14 1/2" largemouth. The weather was nasty but the fishing wasn't half bad.
[signature]