Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report:
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Headed out for the Big Blue, at O'-dark:30, with Trophy Hunter, (T.H.) The ramp was plowed, but slick, you will need 4x4 to launch/load your Fishing yaughts! [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Even after a long day fishing, the ramp was slick! Just to cold to melt any thing.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[inline BL_Ramp_12-21-06.gif]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] I had 2 things in mind today:[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]1) land Mack[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]2) check out to see if the White's had hit the finish line for spawning.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] So T.H. & I headed for the rock pile, the water was rough, had fog & snow crystles slowing us down, the crystles felt like your face was getting a sand blast job at 35mph! OUCH![/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Anchored up at the rock pile in the dark, the rough water was plain tough to feel the bites, With the boat bobbing arround it felt like one's jig was tapping a rock, only to find out, that our Cisco tipped jig, was robbed!! Supper supper light bites:: w/ rough water & all, it was hard to feel the bite. Boated Notta![/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] At 9:00am we split over to Cisco Beach to check for any last whites, but after no bites for 1 Hr. we split back to the new rock pile, and Notta!! there eather, so then we hit the Old rock pile again, by mid afternoon the water had settled down: YEA! So we were ready for the 2:00pm bite. Mark (T.H.) landed a really nice cutt, first, that put a Smile [Smile] on us both. Then soon I had a hit, and boated a Native Cutt, small in size, but a good fighter, so it went back to the deep along with Trophy Hunter's cutt. [/size][/font]
[inline BL_Cutt_12-21-06.gif]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]By now we were needing to wrap up the day, we headed back with no Mack attack, but still enjoyed the feel of the fight from landing Cutts.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] The marina was starting to ice up in some slipps, and the bubblers was going, so it won't be long till its frozen for launching. The water temp was 34 dgs, [/size][/font]
[inline BL_Marina_12-21-06.gif]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]This morning all slipps were frozen a tad, but by late afternoon, it opened up again.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We had a fair day on Big Blue, but nothing great: It still felt good to spend the day fishing. Saw 2 other boats, but they only stayed for apx 1 hr, then split. So we had plenty of elbow room today. It was great to rub sholders with T.H. chasing Cutts. Made for a fun day on the Blue.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#005000][Wink]Well Caster wus up! to bad on the no Mac attack, I did not know there was 2 rock piles, were is the new one, I know about the old one on the west, the water looked calm, but to cold for this Coach! im not the Ice fishing type eather hard water (Ice) or soft (Boat) just warm days above 40* [blush] BURR [/#005000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#005000]Good to see you and the family, we need to make a trip fishing (when it's warmer) so you can learn the coach....[angelic][/#005000][/font]
[signature]