Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry file
[Wink] [#000080][size 2]Don't forget "da Berry" when you start making file boards thread thingers, Its the crown jewel of Utar.[cool][/size][/#000080]
[signature]
We actually voted against the berry archive[crazy]

Just kiddin, its in the works to be done after Willard and Bear Lake[Smile]
[signature]
[shocked] [#000080][size 2]Damn you Yankees, us southern gentleman demand some respect. The anglers south of the Mason-Dixion line(Point of the Mountain) are a needing a place to call our own. Just because you carpetbaggers come down here and play in our waters, I say we won't stand for it. I declare, this means war,boy. The south will rise again...[Tongue] [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
The strawberry archive area will be up in the next couple days. Heres a little insight into what will be determining factors for archive areas. Obviously we cant have an archive for every lake in the state, its just way too much. So, the lakes that will be selected will be chosen by looking at the fishing reports we recieve on this site. If we dont get a whole lot of reports from wich to select reports continually coming in, it just isnt reasonable to form an archive. So, if you have a lake you would like to see become an archive you better get all your buddies on line and posting thier reports as well as fishing tips. Next will be the ammount of time we as moderators have to spend here. We cannot overload our selves. Remember this is a volunteer job. We do hope you like the arrchives and the message board as well as any other programs we put in place. Its all for the users. Realize one thing though, every single function available on this site reguires user fishing reports and posts to work.
[signature]
Thanks for the insight. Just one thought...you might also want to check and see what the most heavily fished waters in the state are. I would think the top candidates for water-specific archives would be:

Strawberry, Willard, Bear Lake, Utah Lake, Flaming Gorge, Pineview, Fish Lake, Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Scofield, Lake Powell, Yuba.

From the reports I have seen on several boards, that is a close guess to the order they are used. Strawberry is by far the most heavily used fishery in Utah.

I realize there is no way you can keep up with separate boards for each lake, or each of these specific lakes even. Perhaps it could be done regionally or even by species. You could have one board for bass fishing, one for trout, etc. or group lakes together in a specific region.

Anyway, just some thoughts and ideas.
[signature]