Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, New tooner here...
Hello all,

I've been lurking for some time now. Well I'm no longer a lurker! You guys/gals have a lot of good info here. It helped me find what I wanted in a toon and in my price range. I got my toon yesterday(TU Colorado). I've already started doing some add-ons(rod holders front and back). I hope to add depth/fish finder and a TM before the spring.

I mostly bass fish in farm ponds and elec only lakes. I do alittle catfishing and try to take a surf fishing trip at least once a year.

Enough about me. Thanks for giving out all this helpful info and sharing ideas.

basstoon
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. Glad we have been able to contribute to your newfound hobby. Hope you finish getting properly rigged and that you get a lot of enjoys.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Your profile says you are from NC. That is a great state for a lot of diverse fishing. You will never run out of places to dunk your toon.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looking forward to your reports.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let us know if you need any input or assistance on getting rigged up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, the Colorado is a good ride. I've known several BFTers who have them and like them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Howdy and Welcome aboard from the other TubeN Moderator here. We are most delighted to have you afloat here in our growing family forum of personal waterboat enthusiasts.

We look forward to your enjoyment here as well as your input on your own craft.

I am a Tuber from SoCal. I enjoy fresh and saltwater fishing from a tube, bank, pier or boat. Got to Git er done somehow.

Happy Hollidays[cool]
[signature]
A very warm welcome to you, Basstoon. Sounds like your moniker is very descriptive of what you enjoy most. A lot of good advice to be found in the pages of this forum. Sounds like you've already been looking.

We'd love to hear stories and see pictures when you have them. Hope you'll jump right into the conversations as well.

zonker
[signature]
Welcome, Basstoon. There is a ton of good information here. It's the best site I've ever been to in that regard, and the members are all extremely friendly and knowledgeable. Many are near fishing legends, authors, etc., but are too humble to say so [Smile]. I hope you enjoy the message board as much as I do.
[signature]
I'll take some pics as I add my mods. I can't wait to get out on the water. If it stays warm I'll have my maiden voyage next week. I'll have my buddy take some pics of my toon on the water.

basstoon
[signature]
Welcome and congratulation on your new tube. If you get hung up on any of your holder designs or how to attach them to your tube post a pic. There is a lot of help. I could have saved myself a lot of headaches if I would have just asked sooner when I had a problem.

Beware it is adictive. I got my tube two years ago after reading about all the fun. I now almost took my tube up to a partially frozen lake so I could reach the edge of the ice. Still might.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Careful, Bro. We don't wanna hafta come chisel you and your tube out of the Strawberry ice if you get frozen in during a sudden cold snap. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I guess you would be easier to find that those poor folks that capsized in their boat though. At least we wouldn't have to use side scanner sonar.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Truth is that tubes can be a great way to fish the edges of the ice...both during iceup and right after iceout. It's amazing how the fish stay right next to the edge. You throw a jig on the ice, pull it off and wham. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]So, if you can find a place to launch, near the outer edge of the ice, go for it. Be sure to take your cell phone and walkie talkie and post your intended whereabouts though. Ya never know.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I don't know, having to ice fish all winter because I was frozen in the lake could be fun. I have caught fish every trip out on the ice but as slow as it has been my tube keeps looking better and better.

It is good advice to always take a phone or radio with you. I always have my radio but not the phone. I also leave a travel plan at home. Call it polite, safe, kitchen pass, or just whipped at home doesn't matter which. It is a good idea.

The missing people has hit close to home as a family member could have been one of the people in the boat that sank 10 years ago. They decided to stay home that morning instead though. You just never know.
[signature]