Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Ice Report
Utah end: starting to see some ice in the backs of some bays like Sheep Creek. Nothing I would consider safe though. Main lake water temps are still near 40 degrees in the canyon reach, and some anglers are still venturing out in boats.

Wyoming end: there's a good 5 inches of clear ice near Lost Dog and Firehole. After a late start, we fished from noon to 4pm on Saturday and caught 7 rainbows, all between 14-16inches. We were using 1/4 oz Glow jigs tipped with a meal worm. Fish were suspended at about 15ft over 20-40ft of depth. The bite was light, and fish came in spurts. We also heard that some anglers have caught some burbot in the late evening, fishing that same area. The drive into Lost Dog was good, and there were a lot of anglers on the Firehole side, so I would assume the same there. We saw anglers on the ice near the Confluence but heard from another angler that there was only about 3 inches of clear ice.

Hope it helps, good luck.
[signature]
Nice update, thanks for keeping us in the know with the ice up there.
[signature]
Thanks for the update.I talked to a guy i used to wok with ,and they caught 7 burbot through the ice a few days ago in the fire hole area.It wont be long before burbot will be from one end of the lake to the other.
[signature]