Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Bass Info??
On friday last week I fished LBH and caught abunch of white bass... yesterday I fished the same place and in the same manner and didnt catch a thing... any info on where the white bass went and any explanations for why they will be in one bay at some point and then completely gone the next day... do they school and you just have to find them or are they there but they are just not biting???
[signature]
White bass are definitely a schooling fish.
[signature]
The secret is to move around a LOT. It seemed like if I did not catch a fish in the first 30 seconds, I would never catch one out of that hole. Keep moving and be glad the ice is not too thick (assuming you have a hand auger).
[signature]
yeah I walked all over inside lindon boat harbor... I mean I fished probably 30 different places inside that small harbor and didnt find anything.. luckily I have a new power auger... is it safe and is it worth it to go outside the harbor.. I was a little worried about the ice thickness but I didnt actually check.. does anyone fish out there??
[signature]
I wouldn't waste my time out on the main lake. The fish are gone because of the pressure. They move in there in huge numbers when it first ices up. They might stay in there a while, but Lindon has been getting pounded by fishermen. The fish just move back out into the main lake.
[signature]
and so the white bass fishing is probably done for the year???
[signature]
[size 2]When I was going to school in Provo, I lived about 5 miles from the Provo boat harbor and would ice fish a great deal in the harbor. One thing I learned very quickly is the white bass are either in the harbor or they are not. I would catch a 5-gallon bucket of them in 2 hours or you could not catch a fish to save your life. I would go down and fish for 10 minutes and if they were not there I would leave. They are a funny fish- it is all or nothing with them. [/size]
[signature]
Yeah, that's been my experience too, except I never seem to be there when the schools of fish are. I just arrive when people are telling stories about how good the fishing was an hour ago, or the day before. Any ideas on how to predict when the fish might show up?
[signature]
[black][size 3]Yea, it's easy to predict when they will show up. They will be there 1 hour before I get there and then again 1 hour after I leave. Apparently there is some kind of cosmic connection.[/size][/black]
[signature]
They are still there ... You can catch them pretty much all winter. Just move around untill you find them.
[signature]
I have been to AF harbor, Lindon Harbor, Saratoga, provo all over in the harbors... any suggestions??
[signature]
IF THEY PULL OUT OF THE HARBORS THEY WILL MOST TIME BE ALONG THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE DIKES. ALSO BY THE MOUTHS OF INLETS SUPLYING HIGHER LEVLES OF OXIGEN AND FOOD. BUT THEY ALWAYS CRUISE BACK IN HARBORS WHEN PRESHURE SUBSIDES.
[signature]