Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
accessability
I have never been to any of the fisheries around Preston. I am from Twin Falls. Just wondering about accessability both by car and by foot. Long walks, inclines etc. I am searching out perch, crappie even gill's any and all thoughts hints suggestions will be used. I figure it will be a 3-4 hr drive and want to be prepared. Hope I wont be just fishin would love to do some catchin.

Thanks for your info Brian, I am hoping I can get over there soon.
[signature]
I'll PM ya.
[signature]
Several of the roads to the reservoirs are not plowed during the winter. You should be able to drive next to Foster, Glendale and Twin Lake. You might have to pay a few bucks for a parking pass at Twin Lakes but I heard last winter they didn't have the pay to park system set up. Treasureton, Winder, Lamont, and Johnson roads may be a little more difficult to get to in a car but you could probably drive to them in a car today but that is only my best guess. I wouldn't consider taking a car down the road to Condie during the winter unless there isn't any snow and the road is dry. Stone Reservoir may be a shorter drive for you to get to. I don't think the road is plowed but I don't think that area has much snow right now. I heard a report of a guy who did well ice fishing it last winter for rainbows and a few perch.
[signature]
My Cherokee will go "many places" before I need to chain up. I haven't made ready me old ski doo but that is what I use up at Magic ( a few days ago it had 40% coverage, not sure how safe the edges are yet).

I have heard of crappie at stone and it the same driving time as most of the place I go for me from twin. Don't know what it would be like to have "many" ponds to choose from all within minutes of each other. You eastern guys are blessed.

I guess if I really am going to be honest it's the walking that hurts me. slight inclines are OK but long and or rough can do me in. Hips and knees just aren't as happy anymore. But mind you that isn't going to stop me yet. Love to fish and would love to catch somne too.[Wink]
[signature]
Treasureton roads are accessable. Winder has a ton of perchies and great ice. Weston has large trout and perchies but spottier fishing. Deep Creek has been dynamite early in the morning using about anything. Access isn't much of an issue. There's little snow and decent roads through the area. Condie has some huge bass and nice perch. The road could be an issue, but I haven't been there to know. A friend of a friend went up there and clobbered the perch and gills.
[signature]