Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Yuba Reports
Anybody know if yuba is frozen over and how the fishing is?? is the perch fishing down there any good... I think that would be a good time
[signature]
You can't keep perch out of Yuba this year....

Maybe in 2008...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You can't keep perch until Jan 1, 2007. There is a possible "emergency" change in regulations to allow keeping 10 perch from 1/1/07 to 3/1/07. It has not been finalized yet but is aimed at allowing anglers to keep a few perch they keep if they are caught in deep water, while fishing for trout. The perch suffer from air bladder expansion and would die anyway in most cases.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Again, it is not in place yet. May not go through. Part of what I heard about it will be that you have to keep the first ten perch you catch and then quit fishing...period.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If it is going to happen there should be an announcement soon.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There was ice on the upper arm, past painted rocks, two weeks ago. Also some around the dam. Since then there has been warm weather, rain and wind. But, it has also cooled back down. Who knows what the current conditions are.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I had wanted to make a two or three day trip south to fish Yuba and some of the other ponds in that area. Might be the week after next.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
ok question.. I dont really want to keep any perch.. I usually catch and release unless the body of water could use some attrition.. does this mean I should not even fish for the perch with the intention of releasing them?? or is that ok..

Tubedude if you want some company or want to meet down there let me know I would like to fish some new water like yuba..
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]My personal recommendation is that nobody fish for perch (or trout) in water over 25 to 30 feet deep until it is legal to keep some perch. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]C&R doesn't mean much when all the fish are doomed to die. Sure, you can "fizz" the air bladders, and perch are tougher than many other species, but there is still some mortality.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That's almost as bad as the bottle bait bozos on Strawberry that rip their trebles out out deeply hooked trout and then throw them back, just because they are inside the slot. Technically they are complying, but they kill a lot of fish too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not sure when I will be able to swing a trip south but maybe the second week of January, if Mama Nature settles down. PM me and we can work out the particulars.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TubeDude is right on perch just die when caught in deeper water and fizzing dose not help perch just die....

[signature]
I drove past Yuba on Friday to check it out. There is very little ice in some of the coves. The little area behind the bridge is iced, but no telling how thick. The main part of the lake is wide open. I tried fishing from shore about a week ago, no takers.
[signature]
I drove by the painted rocks side of the lake on Dec. 27th and it was completly frozen with snow on top in every place you could see from the highway, all the way from painted rocks to the south side of the lake.
[signature]