Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican
We hit Pelican yesterday and it was hot if you found the right spot...

We started to fish about 8:30 and by 11:30 we was out of bait and headed back to the truck with Smiles on, we iced over 100 gills and a few bass....

The biggest gill was 10 1/2 inches long and about 1 lb the bass was from 9" to 17+"
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20453;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20454;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20455;]

We used ice flies tipped with meal worms and wax worms with a MOJO drop shot weight at the bottom to keep the right depth....
[signature]
Nice report. [Smile]
[signature]
Nice report Clifford. You can't beat Pelican for large bluegills and an occasional bass.
[signature]
Nice report Cliff. I would imagine that the ice is relly starting to thicken up out there about now.
[signature]
The ice was 4 to 6" but in some places there was slush on the ice....

[signature]
Nice going bassrods. Pelican used to be one of my favorite lakes for gills. I'm glad to see the bite is still good.[cool]
[signature]
I guess we weren't in the right spot. We fished Pelican for about 4-5 hours on the 30th and 31st. It was fairly slow for us. We fished out from the public access on the North side. Both days we only caught 7 or 8 blue gills one was a 10" fish though. We also were surprised to pick up a bullhead one day. I was impressed with the potential here and I will be going back.

Utahbill
[signature]