Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back again ... and again...
Hey Flotilla friends, hope you all had a good Christmas and have a wonderful new year!
I have been away on so many trips (business) that I haven't had any time for correspondence let alone wetting a line.
I got a Christmas upgrade to a Fat Cat and am a super happy fisher-boy. One question: anyone tell me how the heck I'm supposed to fit those two foam seat bottoms into the bottom seat cavity? They seem too large for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys n' gals.

-ABT-
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, good to hear from you again. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The best advice I can offer is to bring the whole rig into a warm room, make sure it is completely deflated and then go for it. It might help to watch a few wrestling or martial arts programs first, to get you in the groove. Then just get the ends started and push and wiggle until they are properly seated. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Like many things, the first time can be difficult, but the end results are worth the effort. It can also help if you wet the inner edges of the pockets for lubrication.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not sure what that all means, but it sounds naughty.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Tahoma"][#005000][size 3]Hey Pat, this is Nicole. I have to tell you, I'm responsible for him sending the message to the board. The box was waiting for him when we arrived back to the city from a holiday vacation at my parent's house and of course right away the box was opened in a flash, like it was Christmas morning for a 5 year old boy. I listened to the delight which soon turned to frustration. "How the hell", "Which one goes where?" "I can't get it in", "there are no instructions" (wife steps in and points out the manual which was in the box and includes seat and back rest insertion instructions). After about 10 minutes of watching him push and pull on the NEW TUBE I suggested he consult with some experienced tubers and ask before he breaks his new toy (mind you it's December and we can't tube until April). I knew you, or someone here, would have some sound advice. That being said, he just read your post and is now violently jamming the padding into the seat. Thank you for giving my hubby license to punch away and get his tube ready for April fishing! It made him very happy and put a big Smile on my dial![/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][#005000][size 3][/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][#005000][size 3]All three foam pads are now completely inserted![/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][#005000][size 3][/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][#005000][size 3]Warmest regards to you and yours,[/size][/#005000][/font]
[font "Tahoma"][#005000][size 3]Nicole[/size][/#005000][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the update Nicole. I would have stayed awake all night worrying about Trevor having a stroke or something.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We have a saying here in the colonies..."If all else fails, read the manual."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope you guys have a great new year and I look forward to having you come out and abuse some more of our Utah fishies next summer.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Complete deflation is indeed the key. Just as the wise TubeGuru(Dude) mentioned.

Since they are 2 rectangles that need to form a square, you will be required to fit them in one at a time with the longer side facing the front of the tube which puts the shorter ends towards each of the tubes.

Once the first one is in, the second one wont be as difficult to insert since the pocket will now have a basic shape to it.

Good luck and tell us how it went for you. I have been enjoying my FC4 for a few years now.[cool]
[signature]
Hey ABT don't feel bad about not being able to get the pads in. My fc4 box was waiting when I got home from work yesterday and of course I had to open it and put it together. Well after a few minutes of wrestling and cursing I was able to fit them in. We just got about 6" of snow this morn so I thought maybe I could take it out sledding since I won't be able to put in water for a few months.
[signature]
Hi, your not alone in the struggle.
I had mine on Christmas morning. I was on the verge of sending it back because the pads didn't fit but my daughter, who bought me the tube as a present, persuaded me to try a little harder [Wink]
Havn't used it yet as the water is a little hard, but I am told that if the warm weather stays with us I could be on the water by the end of the week [sly]
[signature]
The pads are in, and the tube is ready. Right now neither of the lakes we frequent have iced up - far from it. So this coming Saturday I am comitting her to the water on her maiden voyage.
It will also give me the opportunity to test the fishfinder rig on it I had set up for the FC4.

-ABT-
[signature]
THAT'S FUNNY! [laugh]

I'm actually laughing out loud (only cuz I know I'm due for some similar event in the not too distant future). Right now, my wife seems to be content just letting me walk around in public with glitter on my face from lure painting. She usually tells me about it when we get in the car to go home [Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I've endured the stares (facial glitter) for years. You get used to it. I have fun by saying that I have been visiting the Pink Pussycat lounge (glittery girls).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Ya gotta be careful though. Sometimes you get interested looks from sissy boys.[/#0000ff]
[signature]