Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishlake Fishing
Well, did alot of fishing at Fishlake on friday and saturday. Did ok, friday was night fishing and had no bites. Saturday morning did good a friend and i were about 70 ft off shore in about 30 feet of water. We kept 3 Splake that were all around 15 inches, and one Perch that we threw back. Alot of bites were missed, which really sucked. I was using white jigs and todd used pink baited with minows. We fished later that night in the same area. He caught a 16 or so inch Splake, and i caught a 15 inch rainbow right off the bottom. We caught both these fish with green sparkley power bait, and had alot of hits with it. That rainbow is the biggest fish i have caught so far so i was pretty excited. It was pretty cold but hanging out and fishing with your best buddy all day made it all worth it.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the report, chincheck. How was the weather? How much snow is on the ice? How thick was the ice? What areas did you fish? We're headed down next weekend so I'm trying to get a good report of the conditions.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Congrats on your rainbow. I can see you need to catch a nice lake trout and get some good bragging rights![/size][/font]
[signature]
We fished it saturday as well and it was the slowest day I have had there in 2 yrs. It was nasty - a lot of wind and snow. We did catch a few small splake in 30 ft water and I spent a lot of time in the 70-90 ft water and put everything in the tackle box down but no takers. All the fish in the deep water were hanging out at fifty ft on the finder but not biting what we had. White tubes tipped with a meal worm have been good and thats what we caught the few with on sat. There was a group beside us that slayed the rainbows on chartruse jigs just under the ice. Still good ice 15-20" with 4"'s of snow on top. We got there a little late in the morning. Early seems to definitely be better. We were in new spot by the main lodge for us so we will be back in the old spot next weekend[Wink]
[signature]
Yeah the weather condition on saturday sucked pretty bad. We did'nt get a chance to fish there today but when we woke up it was a nice sunny day, i hate it when that happens. We fished in between the bowery and the main cabins. The ice was the thickest i have seen so far this year. I plan to catch alot bigger lake trout but for my first year of fishing since i was a kid thats not too bad. Mabye give some minows a try it worked real good for us. Let me know how you do next weekend.
[signature]
[unsure]I hope the "new spot" wasn't one of the places I suggested. If it was, I would like to say I'm sorry by offering to take the two of you out with me somewhere this year. Both of the places I posted are where I've done the best for numbers on the lake.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks, guys. Appreciate the info.[/size][/font]
[signature]
hey guys if you want to catch fish at fishlake PUT SOME PERCH ON YOUR JIGS.. [sly] from the fuzzyfisher---------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Curtisfish thanks for the offer but I actually had an employee up there Monday in that spot and caught some nice splake. We did try just about everything - even perch meat and it just was not our day. I will take your offer some day though if you are willing and I am able [Smile]
[signature]
[Smile]I'd be happy to. More often than not, I end up fishing alone. I fish Starvation, Flaming Gorge , Fish Lake, and the Green River the most. Other than that, I go wherever the truck ends up. I have a 16' boat with everything but downriggers and livewells. I'll keep up on the board with where I am off to. Jump in anytime.
[signature]
I had heard that perch meat was working well, but we did pretty well with minows so we just kinda stuck with that. Is it true that you can only use the perch meat if it is caught at fishlake? I had saw that on here and was curious.
[signature]
The proclamation doesn't really specify that the pearch has to be caught there. So as long as it's dead I don't think you should have any problems. I believe the main effort in not allowing live ones is to avoid and/or reduce illegal stockings that can ruin a fishery.
I am the one that posted that they had to be caught there. I copied the following information from the online proclamation. I seem to have been mistaken. Sorry. I must have merged the crayfish information with the perch information in my head. If you want to read the entire proclamation, here is the site. [url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2003_fishing/"]http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2003_fishing/[/url]

[#555555]Bait
[/#555555]
R657-13-12 [ol] [li] [ol] [li]Fishing is permitted with any bait, except corn, hominy or live fish. [li]Possession or use of corn or hominy while fishing is unlawful. [/li][/ol]
[li]Use or possession of any bait while fishing on waters designated artificial fly and lure only is unlawful. [li]Game fish or their parts may not be used, except for the following: [ol] [li]Dead Bonneville cisco may be used as bait only in Bear Lake. [li]Dead yellow perch may be used as bait only in: Deer Creek, Fish Lake, Echo, Gunnison, Hyrum, Johnson, Jordanelle, Newton, Pineview, Rockport, Sevier Bridge (Yuba), Utah Lake, and Willard Bay reservoirs . [li]Dead white bass may be used as bait only in Utah Lake. [li]The eggs of any species of fish, except prohibited fish, may be used. However, eggs may not be taken or used from fish that are being released. [/li][/ol]
[li]Use of live crayfish for bait is legal only on the water where the crayfish is captured. It is unlawful to transport live crayfish away from the water where captured. [li]Manufactured, human-made items that may not be digestible (e.g. rubber worms, plastic baits, sponge, etc.) that are chemically treated with food stuffs, chemical fish attractants, or feeding stimulants may not be used on waters where bait is prohibited[/li][/ol]
[signature]
Cool thanks, next time i will have to give perch meat a try.
[signature]
I have actually never fished at Fish Lake or Causey. but done alot of fishing at Moon Lake. I was wondering what body of water holds the largest Splake? They are definitely a fun fish to catch, expecially when you got a quality fish on?
[signature]
I may not be the right person to answer this but i have caught bigger splake out of fishlake. How is moon lake for fishing?
[signature]
I'd have to agree. I've fished for splake at Fishlake, Joe's Valley Res., Causey, and Moon Lake. All have some decent size fish, but for me, Fishlake has been by far the most consistant in both numbers and size. Besides, where else can you fish for splake and have a chance at some monster macks at the same time! FISH ON!!
I too can only compare Moon Lake and Fish Lake. I'd give Fish Lake the advantage all the way around.
[signature]