Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wading shoes???
For quite some time now, I've had a pair of waders with attached boots. I also have some nice Teva wading shoes that I wear during the summer, when I don't need waders.

Recently I bought a pair of nice stocking foot waders, so I could use my wading shoes and not slip all over the rocks. However, the wading shoes are too smaal and do not fit over the stocking foot. Is it normal to have to get a bigger size to avoid this? I wear a 13/14 (depending on the brand of shoe) and it's hard enough already to find shoes, let alone having to find one a size bigger.

Also, I'm looking for an ok pair in the $40 or $50 range.
Any recommendations?
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there Discman - Likewise I have a pair of stocking foot waders. My shoe size is 10-10½ my boots are size 11. Wading boots are generally larger than street boots. When I bought my boots I brought my waders along to make sure that I got a good fit[/size][/green][/font].
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Most of the big Manufacturers state that you go with your shoe size cause their wading boots are made bigger, but I still see having to buy next size up. The neoprene booties are usually thicker.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]There are several co. out there that make size 15 boots. You are definitly not alone one that one. I sold tons that size. I think it is becoming more normal.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The bootie on my waders is so big, I had to buy two size larger shoe(probably cause I buy mens instead of women's but mens has a lot more features like outside front pockets)[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[angelic] I always seem to be the one to bring Ugly into the thread!

I had that problem. Cramped feet would go to sleep.
I began to hit the St Vincent De Paul, Goodwill and other donation stores frequently.

The Dumpster behind some of the Shoe Stores....Out side the City jail....places like that.
What I was looking for was someone's old Castoff Sneakers.

Some big guy that bought some new ones and the old ones got thrown out.
I found several.
What I learned was:
Only pick shoes with laces. The Velcro latches will give way and you'll lose a shoe.
The Velcro catches your line, twigs, vines....
Lace them up tight. You dont want little rocks and small sticks going down the cuffs.
Make sure they have insoles.

Neoprene waders are the Cat's meow! Even when they leak they are great.
[signature]