Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KING ELECTED CHAIRMAN OF LOUISIANA WILDLIFE AND FISHERIES COMMISSION
The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission voted unanimously to name Earl P. King the chairman of the commission for 2007 at their Jan. 4 meeting. Patrick Morrow was elected unanimously as vice-chairman.

King, who resides in Amelia, replaces the outgoing chairman, Terry Denmon. During 2006, he served as vice-chairman of the commission.

When asked about his motivation for serving on the commission, King said, "My respect for our wildlife and fisheries resources began at an early age. My grandfather stressed managing and nurturing our natural resources, and was an early conservationist. Growing up in south Louisiana, I enjoyed hunting and fishing on our many lakes and bayous. Not only did this provide food for our table, but also recreation that I want future generations to be able to enjoy."

King believes that, as a commissioner, he has a duty, an obligation, and a moral and ethical responsibility to make informed decisions based on the best interests of the people and the state of Louisiana. He explained that his broad agenda is to balance the commercial, sports and recreational interests with conservation of Louisiana's wildlife and fisheries resources, noting that he has an appreciation for the economic "engines" these interests provide for the coastal parishes and across the state.

For more information, contact Adam Einck at 225-765-2465 or aeinck@wlf.louisiana.gov.

2006-004