Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a bad day.
Yesterday afternoon i decided to go to my honey hole for some greenhead action.
As i got within 150 yards of my parking spot i looked to the side of the road and there stood a 2 point muley buck! I am always taking pics so i stopped to take one only to realise i left my camera home.[mad]
I got out of the truck and walked toward it to check him out. To my surprise he did not move anything but his head watching me get within 5' of him! I immediately started looking for injury and saw that his right hind leg below the knee had been completely obliterated either by a fence crossing or a car. I called the Ogden DWR office and told them about it and they said they would send someone up as soon as possible. It sounded like a couple hours maybe so i headed to my mallard spot. I jumped about a hundred and shot a suzie and 2 drakes. Cool. I set up some dekes and went to take a hide when the phone rang. The officer was already there! Back out to my truck and back to the deer. He had already finished it off and was waiting for me. When i got there i asked if it would be possible to get a salvage permit for the deer and he said he would just fill out a donation slip for it. He had to take the horns per standard policy but not a big deal. It had been injured only an hour or two before i found it so the meat was still in good shape. He helped me get it over the fence and i took care of the rest. Wow! i go duck hunting and come back with a truck full of meat![Smile] I would have hated to see that animal suffer or go to waste. He will fill my families tummies many times over.
[signature]
Good job, looks as if your grocery bill went down a little!
[signature]
You have had one heck of a hunting season Brody and it looks like this year is starting off as good as last year. At least the deer did not suffer long. Nice looking malards too. Seems like you and my son hunt alone a lot, too bad your on different shifts.
[signature]
That's quite a haul for a day of duck hunting!
[signature]
[black][size 3]That's cool ! Go for duck and bag a buck - with out even fireing a shot or running it over. That's great about the WO doing the donation move. Nothing wrong with free vittles for the family.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]If you have any left overs or freezer burn vension or other wild game not quite fit for the family or human consumption, let me know. My hounds meat and fish too (that's about all I feed them - mostly the innerds but they get meat too) and my monster hounds can eat a lot of it.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Cool Brody. It's always nice to put a bunch of meat on the table.
[signature]
That is awesome that the DWR would do that I always thought that they would be real dicks about stuff like that! but your one lucky fella! thats going to be some nice tender meat.
[signature]
I know, we talk all the time about it.
[signature]