Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck hunting 1/05/07
Many thanks to Pete a.k.a. Jethro for letting me tag along with him duck hunting today!

He's a great guide. He took me out to a spot where I had easy shots at several sprigs, greenheads, goldeneye, gadwall and two geese that came right into the deeks.

Would have had my limit except I can't shoot to save my life and as it was I only cleanly dropped one gadwall. I'm choosing to blame it all on the wind though. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The highlights were the two geese that came out of nowhere and tried to land in the deeks literally 20 or so FEET away and the mallards that were coming in right in my face after I set up an ambush for them but then missed a shot from around 15 feet away. Also had three sprigs flare up and hover for a perfect shot again right over the deeks but I still missed.

I'm going to have nightmares for years about those geese and the other missed shots but it was still a fun day.

Thanks again Pete!

FM
[signature]
Man,You better get out and do some skeet shooting or something,hehehe.
Me and my youngest son got out to,but didn't have that good of success,there where alot of ducks around but most where pinnies.got a late start and missed alot of the action while we where setting up.did manage to get this nice buck pinnie and my son got a hen pinnie while jump shotting,
good hunting.
[signature]
Yeah, I think I'm going to go shoot 100 shells at the range today.

FM
[signature]
Ryan,
You are welcome. Sorry the day did not turn out too well.
I too still see those geese fling in for a landing.
Here is to hoping that you do not need to wait as long as I did to get a goose.
I think I am going to try again on friday. You are invited to come if you wish.
I think this weather coming in will push the last of the ducks off the refuge.
[signature]
Don't worry about it, I had a great time!

I'll see what I can do about Friday.

FM
[signature]