Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long has it been?
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][Sad]For me I haven't been able to fish since last September. Messed up my right shoulder pretty badly. It is finally coming around and hope to be able to wet a line pretty soon. What is the longest that you have gone without fishing and what was your excuse? Been anxious to try out those great flies I received in the fly swap last month plus many that I have tied in the past few months.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I think the longest for me was three weeks. Around Thanksgiving. Went to Vegas for one week and was working the other two.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
For me, it's been a little rough for the past week. As you know, the winds have been pretty ravishing for awhile in SoCal. [pirate]

I have been fishing[Smile] but there has been no flywatting weather here.[Sad]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]The red flag warnings have been on and off for almost a month. The other day the temperature never got out of the 60s. Today it must be in the 80's. The only thing this weather has been good for is kite flying. Maybe I should come up with a design for some type of rigging on a kite's tail.[Tongue][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
That's funny that you mentioned "Kite Flying". I used to use a fishing pole to get better control of my Kite in the better wind season.

Back then, I never thought of creating a tail with a long enough leader to fish with it too. LOL[laugh]
[signature]
1 year, i was grounded![mad][pirate]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Me too. Years ago when I was living in an apartment house the guys and I use to fly kites on windy days. One time I used my salt water gear to get my kite air born. It was much easier to reel the kite in than using the old stand by stick. And I thought I was the only nut out there flying a kite with a rod. Thanks Steve for coming to my rescue. [Wink]LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
My last time was somewhere around October or November.. when I hurt my leg.. that was the time I caught 12 - 14 small bluegill out of local lake.. I think I posted some pics of that trip here..

MacFly
[signature]
I have not fished since the beginning of November. But I might fish the Outlet stores at Silverthorne this coming week.

A friend has the Bluz to get his obligatory Blue River Blues over with.
[signature]
[Wink]You can tell the winter is getting to us. The topics are ranging a little far from the subject. Trusty DryRod and Fly Goddess keep coming up with good threads to contribute to.
Too bad about that Shoulder DryRod. Keep working it so it wont Freeze up on you.

My worst was Two years in the ARMY. I'd been fishing by myself from the age of 10, and then all that time in the ARMY I belonged to some guy with stripes who had no sense of adventure or humor.

Second worst was in ALaska, the land of Fishing, when I had work/family/children problems that kept me off the water for nearly two years. Believe me, there are things and times that can crush your attitude.

Then I had a Triple-bypass and was off the water for months. I lived on a lake. I could walk down there and watch the kids fish, and walk down to the Ramp to see what others were catching, but I was not allowed!!!! That was a rough winter n' spring for my attitude.

And now, I have boats n' motors, a great river just an hour away, lakes all around me....now for some reason the weather is kinda spotty.
I could fish more, but it seems when the Weather is right, I have chores to do. But someday...[sly]

Just for some conversation on the topic, I miss Rowing my boat on a lake more than a person should.
I had a 16' Starcraft that I must have rowed half way around this earth.

Recently I bought a small boat with oars. Fly fishing in a lake is more fun with oars.
Those oars allow you to set the sinking line out there and just sit and relax for a few seconds, and then give a pull.....and soon another pull...and so on, untill soon enough its time for a sandwich and you look up and have no idea where the hell you are!

I've been down in the Southland for Seven years now. I've yet to see anybody rowing a boat.
I was a passenger in a Canoe once. That's great too. But still rowing in a nice light platform is the best of the best!

If you have a seat with a Back rest, you can row till your tired, and snooze for a bit.
When you wake up, it's sorta fun to figure out which way is 'back' to the ramp.
More than once, I really contemplated just staying out there!
[signature]