Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 2/17/03
[Smile][Smile] We had a different goal for Monday's trip. No money involved. My father-in-laws cousin(Dean) wanted to go fishing over to Bear Lake for the first time ever and I was excited about the oppurtunity to convert an avid fly fisherman to my kind of fishing. After leaving the marina with the cold south wind in our face he was having some doubts about what he was in for. We anchored in 63 feet of water close to where we fished Saturday. My boy and Dean started catching fish right off the bat. They both caught some nice four pound cutts. We continued to catch some smaller cutts and few small macs when things got real interesting. Dean hooked into his first big Bear Lake fish. You could tell he was used to a fly rod. He was all thumbs on hook set. He messed around with it for about ten minutes before we could get a good look. After we landed his fish, the first thing he said to me was "How much can I get if I trade in my pontoon boat for real boat?". Bingo!!!!! He is now hooked. This turned out to be one of my most enjoyable trips to Bear Lake. We caught fish all day long and left about three. BLM will post my picture of Dean's nine and a half pound lake trout. The biggest fish he has caught outside of Alaska.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]All right CL. I've had just about enough of hearing all these great Bear Lake reports! Three great reports in a row!!! Geeze ... sure makes me wish I were up there wettin the net. Sounds like you had great fun. And, by the way, way to go on the "BINGO". That makes it all the better.[/size][/font]
[signature]
It was good that you kept catching fish, cause the action in our boat was putting me to sleep. I wish I would have gone over and talked to you but I wan't sure it was you. You guys sure made us look bad as well as all of the boats in the area. Nice reports, keep em coming.
[signature]
[center][size 4]Crestliner's Excellent Fishing Adventure 2/14 thru 2/17, 2003[/size][/center] [center][Image: bl_ms_1.jpg][/center] [center][Image: bl_ms_2.jpg][/center] [center][Image: bl_ms_3.jpg][/center] [center][Image: bl_ms_4.jpg][/center] [center][Image: bl_ms_5.jpg][/center]
[signature]
Great Pics Crestliner. Man, you guys sure know how to make a fella JEALOUS!! [Tongue]
[signature]
Very nice fish crestliner. Looks like you guys put the hurt on the trout over the weekend. Hope all of your trips are as good, or better than this one.
[signature]