Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4]With all the new devises out today (iPod, Nano's , Zens) I like to take my Zen loaded with some music out on the waters with me.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4]Right now I got:[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4]Bony James (nice Jazz)[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4]Les Paul (kinda a tribute with big artists)[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4]Blue deVille (whoever they are LOL)[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4]Van Halen (Roth and Hagar)[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4]Topped off with Aerosmith's Greatest[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][Image: purple.gif][size 4]What do you guys and gals listen to?[/size][/font]
[signature]
kountry....:-)
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]I never listen to music on the river, stream etc. The sounds of the water & birds are enough music to my ears. However, I do wear my Sony Walkman [remember those units] when I float tube. Country, jazz and the big bands would be my favorites. Didn't care for Elvis when he first came along but now he sounds pretty good compared to some of the garbage being played today. My favorite music to hate if you can called it that, is Rap.[pirate] My dog can howl a better tune & tone. LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20721;]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Amen to that! Just talking and grabbing privates to music.[cool][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I have ran the gauntlet in music. I started with country, matured into rock, then into heavy metal, and now i listen to hip hop and rap. Can't stand country anymore.[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Dryrod, now you are rubbing it in my face with the Avatar![crazy] We are going to be in the single digits this weekend while this Arctic Front moves through.
I hate those days, you can't do anything when it gets that cold.[/size][/black][/font][mad]
[signature]
Blues, Americana, Rockabilly, Rock and Roll, R&B
[signature]
FG Wrote:

[font "Comic Sans MS"]Dryrod, now you are rubbing it in my face with the Avatar![crazy] We are going to be in the single digits this weekend while this Arctic Front moves through. [/font]

----------
It has been cold around here. We have had snow three weekends in a row which is pretty well unheard of. Two Blizzards in two weekends is unheard of.

They are forecasting 8 inches of snow here this coming weekend.

It all has been raising havic with things. A dozen of us are suppose to get together next week to tie flys for our Fantasy Raffle, [url "http://www.westdenvertu.org/Time%20Limited%20HTML/FantasyRaffle2007/Raffle2007.htm"]http://www.westdenvertu.org/Time%20Limited%20HTML/FantasyRaffle2007/Raffle2007.htm[/url]

But the guy that is planning to have it at his house is not sure that we will be able to. The city has not been able to keep up with the storms. The city has only been able to plow one path down his street. There is no where to park. Then we got this 8 inches coming. Normally after a snow storm it quickly warms up and the snow melts in a couple of days but it has remained cold such that we still have snow from the blizzard three weeks ago and from the other two snow storms.

You would think we were in Canada or in New England with this prolonged coldspell.
[signature]
That sounds like a good alternative to running CDs on my DVD. I prefer the DVD though. It still has a bigger screen to watch movies on while out on the Tube.

Music wise, I still listen to my Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Leonard Skynard as well as other Rock Music[Image: git.gif]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Hey there FGD hate to tell you this but it is 9:00PM and the outside temperature is 70ยบ. Only problem is the low humidity 10% and heavy winds. Unfortunately heavy winds always brings the threat of fires. Tonight 4 homes in Malibu burn and another 5 were damaged.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
with rap...or they grabbing them or squeezing them...LOL...

btw.. I do listen to oldie rock and roll.. up thru the early 70's... a lot after as well but more selective...

loved alice cooper as well as iron butterfly....course i liked paul revere and the raiders and the monkees...lol..

last few years has been country.. but... I did hear this band on line... lead singer is a hot hot woman the music is great....not sure if they have a cd out..if they did Id buy one...[Smile]

MacFly
[signature]
weather all around has been nuts... when we went to tn in dec we took our mid 60's plus ca weather with us.. we brought it back on our return... has been cold there ever since.. today was hot again...warm santa annas blowing.. red flag fire warnings all over due to the dry wind.... in fact malibu has fires going right now....

too bad you all cant get together for the fly tie... Id love to see the results of that endeavour...

I checked out your link and the prize looks awesome...hell Id settle for the flies and maybe the fly boxes...LOL.. is that an open raffle or is it limited to members only...??

MacFly
[signature]
MacFly wrote
[size 1]I checked out your link and the prize looks awesome...hell Id settle for the flies and maybe the fly boxes...LOL.. is that an open raffle or is it limited to members only...?? [/size]
--------------
It is an Open Raffle.

We were selling tickets at the Denver Fly Fishing Show last week. We will be selling tickets at the International Sportsman's Exposition in Denver in another week or so.

Then in February we will be having our popular Fly Tying Clinic where they are offered also. I think I should do a thread on that. There might be someone reading this that might be interested in coming over for it.

If you are interested in getting some tickets send me an email with some contact info.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Scruffy, we are suppose to get hit with a COLORADO[laugh]....I mean a snow storm Thur. and Fri. with heavy snow expected followed by weekend 15 hi and 5 low. [unsure] Then I bet it will move right on over to you.[mad]
Several years ago, we got hit with wet heavy snow hard and I understand the narrow street effect. I had a full size Blazer at the time with 33" tires and lift kit and the snow was to the middle of the door.
Just pray for a slow melt down. Don't need another flood.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
The street I live on finally got partially plowed on last Friday. It has been like driving on a rutted 4 wheel drive road until then.

My nice quite van now has more creaks and growns than my young brother with two bad knees.

Floods would not be a pleasant thing but in the spring it is a common thing when we have a big snow storm and then it melts in a day or so. We have similar weather as you do there in Salt Lake.

Yes, the snow storm you are about to have is suppose to hit us this weekend.
[signature]
BRING IT!!! I love the snow and 150 mph winds![cool]
[signature]
I don't listen to anything on the water, but I do listen to a lot of very obscure, hard stuff on the way there! I am into european underground heavy metal--it's called folk metal, viking metal, etc. Lots of chugging guitars, operatic and orchestral vocals, some growls, some classical riffs, very cool indeed!
[signature]
I preffer when fishing mostly to listen to nature. but when I do take the Music I am all about the Punk rock.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]I guess that is what makes life interesting. If everbody had the same likes & interest then I would be all in favor of cloning.[Tongue] Can you imagine if every fisher person was into fly fishing - well there wouldn't be a place left on any body of water for us to enjoy the sport.Viva la difference! [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I would prefer to keep my music as an escape from the concrete desert that I have to call home. I also prefer to confine it there. When I am out in nature, that is what I want to listen to.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]No ipod, no nanos, no zens, no headphones. I don't want to block nature out or replace it with the latest in 4 chord 20 word one hit wonder songs played at jet aircraft decible levels. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]It's a shame really, I remember when fly fishing used to be such a fine, peaceful, and almost meditative activity that also used to attract people that actually appreciated the outdoors and what being there had to offer. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]It's difficult for me to understand why the call of a loon, the song of a bird, or the sound of water running in a stream is so undesireable that it makes some people want to replace them with cheap tunes produced in the drug or drunk induced stupor of primadonas whose only real talent appears to be laughing all the way to the bank with your money, and the real Sad part is that they are taking a good part of your experience of nature with them.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3](/rant)[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] [/size][/black]
[black][size 3] [/size][/black]
[signature]