Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Utahns
Just curious of Quail creek conditions. Weather man says you guys are getting a good soaking out of this storm. Anyway, just curious if you've heard any reports from Quail Creek. Was down there last March, and could find all kinds of BEAUTIFUL L/M's, but could only get a couple to strike. Course the weather that weekend didnt help much. And how is the new lake coming along?

Mike (Boatiac)
[signature]
quail creek is very very low on water . . they really killed it last year . . . dont make a long trip there . . its not worth it

sm
[signature]
Hey Boatiac check out the post by Predator with the subject of
Toads!
[signature]
maybe all those largemouth are concentrated now i guess . maybe you largemouth guys will knock em dead this march . . .. .if you were there last year, you'll freak when you go over that hill . . . it looks like a puddle . .

sm
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just make it side stop to some other destination.

Wiperhunter2, Those are sooooooo SWEEEEEET!!!! I saw a couple of those last year up in the inlet, used cranks and a hopkins spoon, they just werent interested, must not have been presenting right. I am new to the bass fishing arena, so still learning the presentation thing.

Thanks again for your guy's info.

Mike (Boatiac)
[signature]
I drove past Quail the other day on my way back to Cedar and actually seen more water in there than what I had anticipated, if you think thats low go look at Newcastle or Enterprise [Smile]
[signature]
yah i wasnt planning on going to either of them for a year or more now . .WE NEED SNOW AND RAIN!

are you getting any today?

sm
[signature]
gosh we had a gr8 snow today it snowed off and on most of the day in fact I went back into campus tonight at 6:00 to plow again.

They say we're suppose to get it thru Saturday gosh I sure hope so.
[signature]
yah, me too!

[cool]

sm
[signature]
tom p scared me a little telling me some lakes werent where they were at last year at this time, but i think we've got a helluva lot more snowpack to melt, and we're gonna have a wet march and april too!

sm
[signature]
Just cruising the web and ran into this site. Where did it come from? A bunch of southern Utah bassers, right on. Quail was on fire before these low pressure storms hit. Six to eight pounders were active 30-40 feet. All the hard work over the past six years metering the structure in Quail got blown out the window this winter when they drained it to fix the secondary dam. All of it is out of the water! Time to take a gps and mark all those humps, etc. Dont let the low water scare you- it is still the 2nd best lake in southern Utah. The first being a secret!
[signature]