Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOOSE HUNTING
How has the waterfowl hunting been around CJ? I'm thinking of heading up this weekend to visit some relatives in Mt. Home and thought I would give it a try. I use to live in Grandview back in the early 70's and spent alot of time hunting up and down the Snake. I think I still may be able to get into some of my old areas as the same families still own the ground. Thanks for any info. [cool]
[signature]
I know several guys who have been doing quite well south of Nampa, so I assume it should be equally good toward Grandview. From observation, the geese have been flying high, but once it really cooled down, they started coming into the stubble with daylight to spare.
[signature]
I have a good friend who has been going to CJ every 2 weeks and slaughtering the honks.
[signature]
Just got back from Idaho, we had a great shoot, the weather was a bit cold. It was zero yesterday and 11 today with a wind. We decoyed yesterday and did some pass shooting today. I haven't hunted there for over 30 years and alot has changed in some of my old areas. It was nice to get back to that country for a few days hunting.[cool]
[signature]