Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon ??
I have never been to east canyon.. Can I get there by going up I-80 or do I need to go up Ogden canyon and backtrack.. in looking at my map it looks like there is a road up I-80, but a friend said you could not go that way.. thanks
[signature]
Aj83,

You can make it from I 80 and take SR 65, but I am not sure if they keep it open all winter. I have only travelled it in the summer and fall. But if you take I 15 to weber canyon (I-84) to the Morgan exit 103. Once you exit at Morgan turn Right and follow it all the way up to East Canyon, it will take you straight to it. EC still has open water in the middle but also had a good 6" last week every where else we went. We fished the Taylor Hollow pull of in about 25 feet of water with minimal success last week. However I did see several slimers iced closer to the open water.
Good luck,

Bass_Turd
[signature]
The I-80 way they close the gates this time of year your friend was right....
[signature]
Yeap liek was stated above they gate it this time of year from I-80. You can still go over I-80 you just have to go all the way around to Morgan. If you do go that way you can always stop in at Echo and drop a few lines for a minute or two.
[signature]
you dont have to go all the way to morgan, you can get off at henifer and go up the other side,
[signature]

Yes the gates have been closed for the season. After you get out of Morgan there are signs (west side of road) that warn you that the gates are closed.
I was up at East Canyon last Saturday and found the fishing to be a bit slower, but the fish were a little bigger. I am headed up tomorrow if the wind dies down somewhat.
[signature]
hcd and are are going back to east in the morning he want a rematch from the but kickin he reseved thursday. wh2 and ws1 are also going up we will be fishing off the ramp
[signature]
I'll be up there with the whole famdamily.
We will also be fishing by the ramp.
We will have 2 Eskimo tents and I hope good heaters.
Jason, can I borrow yours if mine doesn't work?
Channel 7-0.
[signature]
sorry Dale i need the heater to keep my but warm. i wont have my radio with me there post toastie
[signature]
rematch????? you rue the day you catch more fish than me!!!!![Tongue]
[signature]
you where crying like a school girl.[Tongue]
[signature]