Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls 1/13/07
Fished American Falls from about 4pm until close to dark. Fished by the dam. I didn't even have a bite. I'm a little disapointed with American Falls this winter. [unsure] I will probably still give it a try a couple more times this winter because it is a short drive. If I have more than a couple hours to fish then I think I will fish somewhere else.
[signature]
Brian,
Do you happen to fish Salmon Falls res much? I think you're not too far from it. I was thinking about coming over for some toothy fish this spring/summer. Worth the trip from Nampa?
[signature]
I have never fished Salmon Falls Creek Res. I have a friend who has fished it a fair amount over the years though. For me Salmon Falls Creek is about the same far of a drive as it is for someone from Boise. If you want to have some better than average rainbow fishing and have a chance at some walleye it would be worth the drive from Nampa.
[signature]
Thanks for the update Brian. I hate being skunked especially at big fish places.

OvidCreek
[signature]
Thx Brian. I'll likely make the trip this summer. Is that better than YOUR average 'bows, or MY average 'bows? [Wink]
[signature]
OvidCreek,

Getting skunked is always a little hard to swallow. I'm very surprised that American Falls hasn't been better this winter. I've ended up only catching one fish out of my 3 ice fishing trips to American Falls this winter. Where I'm only fishing a couple hours each trip and it being less than a half hour drive makes the slow fishing a little more tollerable.

bdn06,

Salmon Falls Creek has a good number of planters that have survived more than a year. I've been told by several people and have read in multiple sources that 4lb rainbows have been fairly common the last couple years and catch rates have been pretty good for some. I think I will have to make an ice fishing trip over there sometime in the next few weeks.
[signature]
BrianID,
If you go, please post up on how you do! As far as a 4 # rainbow, that is a decent fish, whether originally planted or native.
[signature]
Brian when your coming let me know and I will make sure there is ice and we can use my 10" power auger and catch some of those 4#ers like I have during the summer. Magic is putting out some 3-4#ers as well.
[signature]
idahopanfish,

I responded to your PM. If I had more time I would also like to ice fish Magic but I don't think I will have time this winter.
[signature]