Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cow elk tag filled
[size 1] Thanks to Bearclaw (and his snowmobile) I was able to shoot my first elk on Sunday the 14th. It was way cold, -9 in the morning. I've never seen so much wildlife on any other hunt. Bearclaw has eyes like an eagle, being able to pick out deer, elk, and moose among brush and trees so far out that I would need my binoculars. It was amazing how big elk are up close. Minus the guts and legs she weighed in at 345 lbs. Bearclaw truly is worthy of being the Moderator of the hunting board, he really knows his stuff. When we saw the cows I hesitated because it was a long shot for me and they dissapeared but a few minutes later he put me right on top of them. [/size]
[inline "cow elk Jan. 07 0081.jpg"]
[inline "cow elk Jan. 07 0091.jpg"]
[inline "cow elk Jan. 07 0121.jpg"]
[signature]
Very nice! Congrats on the nice elk. They are my favorite wild game to eat. [Smile]
[signature]
way to go... i love cow hunting! and love the meat even moore. bearclaw good on ya. way to pass it fourth! teaching hunting to some with less exp is the real trophy!!! he and his will eat very well do to your service.
[signature]
Nice work on baggin' the elk. They sure are great eatin'.
[signature]
[size 1]Watching you get your first elk was quite a thrill for me. What made it even more special was that you shot her with your late Granpa's gun! Way to go John! Better make some room in the deep freeze![/size]
[signature]
Well done men!! And w/ Grandpa's gun yet!
[signature]
That is just awesome! What area were you in?
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Chalk Creek area.
[signature]
Some how hunting them from a snowmobile doesn't seem right, but then that's just my opinion. Congrats on your first elk.
[signature]
Maybe a helicopter would have been a better idea....the snow was way to deep to walk anywhere.
[signature]
Hard for the elk to I'll bet.[unsure]
[signature]
That was the first I've ever been on snowmobile, l don't know how people just ride around on those things for enjoyment in freezing temps. I like going fast so I enjoyed the rush when he would gun it but other than that it was way too cold. I was prepared for the cold but a spot on my neck kept getting exposed. How those animals survive up there at night is beyond me.
[signature]
Spotted em from the snowmobile and then stalked em on foot. Oh well, to each his own.
[signature]