Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fished in the rain
went fishin for a while yesterday in the rain. Tried cut gizzrd shad, nightcrawlers, and minnows...at multiple depths. Stayed out for about 2 hours...had a couple hits, but for the most part i just lost some lead and hooks..lol [crazy][pirate]

Was great to get out tho, been a couple weeks and i was really pingin to wet a line. Did not take the boat. Was on the cumberland above ashland city.

thought about going over to Old Hickory, but wanted to stay away from civlization....heh [cool]

cyas
rc
Did you get wet?

I sat down on the dock today looking at the ice, not enough to walk on, too much to cast though.

Taint no fishing to be done at my house for at least a good couple weeks.
[signature]
i got damp, i guess. I bought 2 of those 'rain suits' at Wally world throughout this past summer. They work ok. I have spent the better part of a day fishin in the rain suit once or twice and you do get wet eventually. But for a few hours they work great. They cost about $15 or so...so it's hard to beat the price for the results you get. [cool]
The worst part is wearin them in the summer time....they are HOT!! in the summer. [unsure]

cyas
robert
I got one of them wally poncho ones, in the summer time, I just asoon get wet. even the poncho is to hot...

but for spring and fall weather they cant be beat while fishing on the river....
[signature]
the very first 'rain gear' piece i ever purchased was a poncho. Wore it once or twice and then i was out in some rain with a pretty good breeze kickin up.....never wore it again...ponchos REALLY suck when it's windy...[pirate]...imo
I hear that....

I am not real fond of fishing in the wind,
I dont mind fishing in the rain,
I dont mind fishing in the snow,
I can tollerate fishing in the wind and snow

but when it come to rain and heavy wind, I look for a mother duck to crawl under...
[signature]
lol, like that mother duck bit! [laugh]

Fishin in the snow has to be one of the most peaceful and serene experiences in my life. Can not even put it into words. I'm mostly referring to being at a higher altitude lake and havin the place to yourself...it is beyond description...and if you get to catch a few fish...wow..it's just plain awesome!! [Smile]

I caught one of my biggest rainbows...actually it was my biggest..lol, in a blowin snowstorm at Schofield in Utah....19incer that went airbourne a few times, man was that a treat!
I was hoping to get on them this year myself. I marked me a hole about 90 feet down over the summer, I couldnt ancre down because of the tremendous winds that day so I just decided to mark them on the gps and come back in the winter on the ice. so far the ice has been a no show in my town. we are starting to see signs of the stiff stuff.

any way they registered as the biggest fish the fish finder had to give. there are only a few things that live at that depts. big trout, stergeon, big pike,

so what did you use to coach him up? were you trolling or jigging?
[signature]
Believe it or not....never made it on the ice in Utah...[unsure][Sad]

I fished as much as i could afford (gas was ~$3 a gallon my last year there) late in the year, before ice appeared on the water. Hope to make it back to Scofield and Strawberry in late october/early November sometime...those are some great days to be alive and at a lake!! [cool]
I mostly chucked lures.....did the occasional worm/mellow thang..but preferred to keep moving (cold!) and throwin artificials.

Was a 2 hour drive to both lakes more or less. beautiful scenery, but hard on the pocketbook at the time.

EDIT: sheesh, didn't answer your question...lol silver/blue kastmaster was my go to weapon of choice in trout waters. Cast it out and let it sink...worked it back in slooooo...very productive when other presentations didn't work. It was my "bullpen" lure, if ya know what i mean.
sure do, I have a couple lures that are my garenteed fish dinner baits. if nothing hits on those aint nothin bittin, no where, no how..
[signature]