Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smelt
Northern Michigan lakes are giving up some fair-good catches of fresh smelt. On Wallon Lake these tasty morsels are shiney and coming up large. Find 60 foot of water on the west arm, plug in your vexilar and sit back and start reeling.
[signature]
hi callie,

I like them smelts, and have only scantly herd about hook and lineing them in,

what rigging are you guys using?

you using a #8 hook and what are you using for bait?
[signature]
hey there callie , how you doing , glad to see you on the board ! , were also catching them down at houghton lake in roscommon , pretty small thou , how's the ice up there ? your fishin pal , lonehunter
[signature]
Dave-

The rigging we are using is pretty simple. A #8 hook and pieces of minnow with enough weight to get it down.
[signature]
We have so much ice up here it's almost tiome for an extension on my auger. The smelt bites are dwindling as we speak, but the Browns are heating up on few of the inland lakes. Cool!
[signature]
any steel yet ? photo contest contest is good until the end of the month !
[signature]
Lonehunter:

No Steelies yet, not that I've heard of. We got one Brown this past weekend. The Jumbo are starting to hit off of Harbor Point.It's a long walk, if you don't have a sled or a 4x4. But for Jumbos-I'm there. Photo contest?
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=31180;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=31180;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]

click on the above link , it's on the michigan board . if nobody posts a pic , we'll run it for april too ! stormy , has already been out there trying , me too ( i can't win this one , my rules ) !

your pal lonehunter
[signature]