Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can help Dawn save wildlife!
[url "http://online.nwf.org/site/R?i=3MTah6pj5w3Vj1HbJKITSg.."][Image: 11911.gif][/url]
[signature]
[black][size 3]It's a nice idea. I mean the protecting the environment and everything.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]But, I wonder if that commercial message was just the brain child of the marketing department to make some propaganda points with the general public by trying to look like they've been the good guys of big business all along. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]As I recall, 25 years ago there were almost no environmentally active business to be found anywhere - actually most business was nearly unconscience environmentally.[/size][/black]
[signature]
I do know this much about Dawn,

when it come to cleaning birds and mammals after oil spills, Dawn is the only solution available on the market that can sucessfuly clean them with out harming them.

just a few weeks ago I axidently swallowed some, I ran to the bottle to find out what to do in case of ingestion, and it said to dring a couple glasses of water to dilute the product...

needless to say, I am still ticking,

it is my dish soap of choice, also it is what I use to clean my hands after working on the truck and lawn equipment...
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Actually who cares what reason a given company has for getting involved. Obiviously they are trying to improve their corporate image. Just so long as their contributions go to a worthy cause that is all that seems to matter. Bravo for Dawn[/size][/green][/font].
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Dryrod,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I agree that it is a good thing overall that a company is attempting to improve their image and especially if they are promoting good environmental actions and provide products that are ultimately benign to the environment. It is also beneficial if their products can be used in some way to help the condition of the environment that we all like to spend time in. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I wasn't trying to suggest that they had were not being responsible or that they only had ulterior motives, I was trying to say(in a devils advocate kind of way) that in the past not many companies cared one way or the other as long as the bottom line improved by how they maintained their corporate image. If Dawn is one of the good guys, and has a corporate policy of environmental friendliness, then great ! We need more of them ! [/size][/black]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][size 3][green]No problem Fishhound. You're cool. Before I retired I was the west coast section manager for a large tobacco company. As far back as I can remember our company was spending millions of dollars every year supporting many programs especially those regarding the arts. We brought the King Tut exhibit to San Francisco, backed the Alvin Ailey dance group, and were responsible for getting women’s tennis national recognition, and so on. No body really had an issue as to what our motive might be. However, once the tobacco industry became the kicking post for the media and anti-smoking groups then our motive was seen as nothing but evil. I guess my point is that given enough time the media & certain special interest group will kill all the golden gooses to be found.[/green][/size][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I saw the King Tut exhibit when I was in Cairo Egypt. That was absolutely amazing ! I heard it made the tour of the US, but did not see it when it was here. I don't think I missed anything though as I saw it in its entirety in the Cairo Museum.[/size][/black]
[signature]
cant argue with you on that point, by far too many companies still operate that way in this day and time,

for now Dawn has a pritty fether in its cap, Dont get me wrong, If I find they have betrayed our trust, I will be the first to pull that feather out from the back side...
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Come on now Dave - don't you ever have a good day with good thoughts? Life cannot be all Doom & Gloom. There are a lot of positive things going on that we should be thankful for. Like waking up on the right side of the green. Even on those days when the fishes decline all my offerings I always find something positive about my days outting. I worry that you are going to give yourself an ulcer. Believe it or not I am concern about my fellow mans welfair. Yourself included.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21039;][/center]
[signature]
Well I am touched, Mostly in the head, but touched still the same for your concern... Thanks...

It would be nice if I had an outting, unfortunaly I have neighbors who keep me off of my lake for most of the year untill Ice comes then they cant keep me off....

the down side is I havent been ice fishing but one day in the last two years.

Cabin feaver has set in....

that being said, dose not change the fact that companies are dumping in to our sewers and retention ponds and else were all across michigan.

every year we are having rivers so contaminated with fecal matter, heavy metals, and just regular used motor oil by the thousands of gallons at a time that areas are closed off to swiming, there is a 100% fish kill off..

the city of detroit when we had two dumpings a couple years ago said they could not find the culpret unless some one put up a million dollar reward.

rest asured when there is someting positive to report I will report it, just like with Dawn above.[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I agree with you on that point. Too many businesses just don't care about tomorrow. [mad]Catch them polluting and fine them big + some time in the pen should get the message across. To that point California has some really strict laws regarding dumping waste into any place other than what is permitted by law. It use to be that the pen was mightier than the sword, however today it is the e-mail that reins supreme. A while back as a member of the NRA for over 40 years I e-mailed Charlton Heston about a comment that he made in one of the NRA publications. I actually received an apology from him stating that he was wrong and would submit a retraction. Boy did that make me fell good. Not so much as winning but getting the president of the NRA to respond to my message. [cool] Go e-mails.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
That's what I was thinking as well. Heck, if big corporations see that consumers respond well to efforts to be environmentally friendly, and they do more, and they sell more, it's symbiotic, so go for it [cool]
[signature]