Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyote Hunting Report
Well I didn't see anything yesterday , I did have some movement behind me though .
I set up just after work , went to the state land and put a caller out about 20 yds. in front of me on top of a rotten oak stump. I set a blind up in a blown over jack pine which gave me plenty of cover from the sharp eyes of my prey . Snow had fallen for the last couple of days so there was a good 9 " of the fluffy stuff over everything .
The caller boasts a 50yd. radius for the remote to work , that didn't happen , it was more like 10 feet . I selected the distressed rabbit call and let it run till just about dusk . Man, when the sun dipped the horison did the temps fall quick , my fingers became numb within minutes despite the handwarmers placed within my real-tree hunting gloves with the flip-over mitt .
The area I am working is a mixture of hardwoods and cedar that boarders a swamp and thicket , a small stream flows thru the wilderness property where bobcat signs are found along the banks.
I have heard coyotes houling from a area behind where I set up and there are some dened up in the pines on the private property to the east , hopefully one will have enough curosity to venture my way sometime this weekend .
[signature]