Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currant Creek 1/20
Fished Currant Creek today.. we got on the water about 1030 and left about 1.. there were four of us fishing and we caught about 60 between us.. we moved around a little bit until we found the fish and then it was on... there were several times we had doubles and triples.. it was great.. the wife caught the most, she caught about 20... the smallest was about 13 inches and the largest was about 19... they averaged 16-17 inches..there were several other groups on the water, some were doing well and some weren't.. I will post pics in a little while when I get them off the camera..
[signature]
If you don't mind me asking how were the roads and the access? I'm not looking for a honey hole just looking for a good place to start on the lake because I have never ice fished it. Where is the best place to park and how far of a walk can I expect? Thanks in advance for any help anyone is willing to give.
[signature]
The road from higway 40 to the dam was fine... you could take that road in a car.. the road past the dam was snowy.. there is about a foot of snow on the road.. it is a mix of packed and loose snow... you could see several spots where trucks or cars had tried to make it and got stuck and had to turn around... today the trick was chartruese paddle bugs tipped with wax worms.. we did best in about 35 feet of water and we were using a combination of aggresive jigging followed by deadsticking it.. the other thing that really helps is getting away from the crowds..I dont mind giving up my fishing hole but it is about a 6/10 of a mile hike, I used four wheelers.. pm me if you want more info..
[signature]
Lets try these pics... AJ
[signature]
Great report, and thanks for sharing the info.
We've fished CC in the summer from both boat and tubes and had a great time.
A question if I could: Were you able to access the ice with your 4-wheeler from the dam, or did you have to drive around to the ramp area?
[signature]
We had to go around the lake... the first time we went there was almost no snow on the rocks on the dam.. now the rocks are about halfway filled with snow.. a couple more snow storms and you should be able to drive down the dam...
[signature]