Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
I took a trip up to Deer Creek for some shore fishing, the entire east end of the lake has open water, we fished off the island and limited out on bow's, caught a few perch, and my daughter caught 1 giant carp on her scooby doo pole, that weighed in at 13 lbs. The weather was beautiful once you got out of the valley. If anyone gets a chance, I would recommend the shore fishing up there.

Happy Fishing!
[signature]
Hi fishinchic , What are you catching fish on ? Bait or jigs or lures ? thanx
[signature]
I THREW EVERYTHING I HAD AT THEM AND THEY WOULDN'T LOOK AT ANYTHING, FINALLY I TRIED WORMS! I PUT A SLIDE WEIGHT ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE HOOK, BLEW UP A WORM, TIPPED IT WITH MARSHMALLOWS, AND FISHED OFF THE BOTTOM. SOON AS IT HIT THE WATER THEY WERE BITING.
HAPPY FISHING!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the report, FISHNCHIC. Sounds like you folks had a great time. I'll bet your daughter had all she could hold on to! I'm sure there will be some people following your lead and hit that shoreline fishing at Deer Creek. Thanks again![/size][/font]
[signature]
Congrates on the fishng there at Deer Creek. How long was you there before you startded to catch fish? I bet your daughter loved a 13 pounder on the scooby doo pole, My daughter loved the 2 and 1/2 pound rainbow[Smile] I thought she was going in to the lake.
[signature]
The first hour we didnt catch anything becuase we were trying different lures and baits, after we found what they were biting on we immediately started getting hits. Hope this helps.
[signature]
were you fishing off of the island by the dock of the bay resturant?
[signature]
I love hearing stories like these. I moved into Utah about 5 years ago.

I haven't had time to do much local fishing. The first two years I was still

married and we ran a street rod so that took up my weekends. The last

three years my job kept me out of town most of the time. I did whoever

take advantage of fishing in Colorado and Montana every month.

Colorado was great but Montana was the best. now I've changed my job

status and after this March I will be in town full time. I've fished a few

places in Utah but not enough to know good spots. So I am using the

Info I get from here and friends to plan a great summer.

Thank you for all your info, its great!!!!! thanks--Al
[signature]
ALAN,
Sorry to hear that your angling time has been so limmited as of late. You can always find the info you need about Utah Lakes, resavors, rivers and streams on the BFT boards. If you don't find the info you are looking fore then just post the Question and just watch the info surface for you.

I also would like to say to you:

[center]WELCOME TO THE GREAT AND GROWING BFT MESSAGE BOARDS![/center]

[signature]