Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Elk (pic added)
I went up and fished currant creek (see post in fishing section) and on our way home we saw two nice bull elk.. the first one was between the currant creek turnoff and strawberry.. it was a nice little four point bedded down about 50 yards off of the highway... the second one was about 100 yards off of the road coming down daniels canyon... it was a nice 5 or 6 point and was pretty wide... just wanted to let you know that at least two elk survived the hunt...[Wink][Wink]

Here is a pic... this guy was 50 yards off the road and he was so well hidden nobody was even paying attention to him..
[signature]
I saw 2 bulls in that canyon 2 years ago that made my heart skip a beat. 20 yards off the road and they didn't care about anything. 1 6x6 and a 6x7.
[signature]
That means that at least 3 survived the hunt. The two you saw, and a dead 6x6 about 2 weeks ago on the side of the road going up Daniels canyon!
Antlers were missing when we passed it up on the way back.
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.