Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hunting pics
Just found this site and thought that I would share some pics also. This is a picture of my buck that I took in 2004.
[signature]
Sweet pic! Thanks for sharing.

Fight4not
[signature]
Pretty cool pic and welcome to the site.
[signature]
Great looking buck.

Do you want to share any other details about the hunt?
Did you get it on a general season tag or a controlled hunt tag?
Did you get him in Eastern Idaho?
Looks like it is at least 25" wide.
[signature]
Yes, he is right at 25". I did get him on a general tag. The ironic thing is that I debated on even going that morning. I had woke up to rain. The only thing that got me out of bed was the possibility of snow in the mountains. Boy am I glad I got up. I got this guy up around monida pass. I just happened to notice him bedded down in some small quakies. He didn't even care that I was there. I think that he was more worried about the weather that he was of me. After I shot him, I ranged him at 286 yards. I seen a lot of bucks that day before seeing him. It had indeed snowed in the hills, then it started to melt. Aparantly deer don't like being in the timber when snow starts to melt because every buck I seen was in the wide open in the middle of the day.
[signature]
Again great looking buck. My first deer and elk were from the mountains around Spencer. I haven't hunted up there in several years but I have fun fishing that area in the summer.
[signature]