Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freestyle H3 vs. Outcast Prowler
Hi all. It's been a while since I posted or checked the boards, so I hope everyone is well. [cool]

After a bit of research, I was planning on buying a new tube this weekend. Originally, I was going to go with the Dave Scadden Freestyle H3. I like the fact that I can use it in rivers instead of hauling the pontoon boat for easy floats, and its higher weight capacity than my ODC 420. However, looking at Cabela's website today I saw the Outcast Prowler. Does anyone have any information about the Prowler (other than what is on the website)? Any reviews, opinions, etc... comparing the two tubes would be appreciated.

I have already checked out the prior thread re the Prowler and other newer Outcast tubes, but was wondering if anyone has used either or both and/or seen them in use.

Thanks.
[signature]
Thanks Greg. I will check my e-mail.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Both are the best of the best and you will be set for many, many years with a name to back it up. I just can't justify the $50. Hydration pack.

Both have Urethane bladders, and have a good weight capacity.
Personally, I would and am going to get the Freestyle H3. I don't know if you know this, but the apron is an accessory on the H3 which sucks, but they are coming out with all sorts of ad ons. Talk to Larry or Dave himself at any of the shows or on line and I bet they will do better.
I had a six foot pontoon (Bucks Alpine) which I loved how maneuverable it was. I have since moved up to an 11 1/2' pontoon, but I also have a 4' Echo that is nice and just found out that both of these toons fit perfect with a couple of large rubbermaids in the back of our new short bed pick-up...WAHOO! [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks Flygoddess[Smile]. I was feeling the same way about the hydration bladder. I am going to a show this Sunday where Mr. Scadden or someone from the company will be there. I will see if I can't get a better deal, or maybe get them to throw in the apron.

Also, congrats on having everything fit in the truck[cool] I imagine finding out that they did not fit, would have been horrible.

Does anyone have information re the weight capacity of the Freestyle? Their website lists it at 500, but Cabelas lists it as 350. Not that it is a determing factor (my ODC seems to keep me up well enough[Tongue]) but just curious.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I would lean toward the 350 but it can probably take the 500. Most tubes will take more than they say.
Tell them Joni Tomich from Salt Lake sent you, it could help[Wink][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks again [cool]
[signature]
How 'bout an update. Did you make the show?
Check this bad boy out. TD, imagine what you could do with this.
[url "http://northforkoutdoors.com/navigator2.html"]http://northforkoutdoors.com/navigator2.html[/url]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Lookin' good. I'd like to see and try one of dose.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Couldn't find a price tag. I suppose it is one of those things "If you gotta ask, you can't afford it."[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That's a nice looking ride. I could only imagine the accessories that could be mounted here, there and everywhere on that thing.

It's rated for 700lb!!! That gives you room for the extra refreshments and a Port a Potty for the downloads.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
[cool][#0000ff]Lookin' good. I'd like to see and try one of dose.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Couldn't find a price tag. I suppose it is one of those things "If you gotta ask, you can't afford it."[/#0000ff] [/reply]
[signature]
OOps my fault. I meant to say I checked and price was$799.00
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard and thanks for the info.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I think I am still happy being a plain old tuber. I don't run rivers and the extra length (9 feet) would mean having to carry it mostly deflated in my SUV. Also, I can get two new Super Fat Cats for the price of one of those Scadden goodies. Not a big fan of Scadden anyway and do not care to contribute to his empire.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, for future reference, there is an "Edit" button on any post you put up. If you want to add something or correct a blooper you can go back in and tweak the original post without having to make a new one.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Welcome aboard richd. Thanks for the information that you have shared with us here. We all hope that you will stay for awhile and benefit from some of the priceless information that we have to offer. Please feel free to share any of your tips as well.[cool]
[signature]
I did make it to the show, and will definitely be stepping up to the Freestyle. I did not end up buying it at the show because they would not do better than $399 plus shipping, which is the same price that Cabela's has it for (but lower shipping charges through Cabela's). I am placing the order this week.

Hopefully I will get some pictures posted of her maiden voyage when it arrives.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Evil Ash will be joining the H3 ranks here real soon. He is so spoiled![mad][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Well Kevinkay, I just did it. After drouling over the Freestyle for three years, I just ordered a pair. Should get them in a week or so. Made sure to order the apron with them. Let you know, and with any luck will be able to try them out real soon with the warm spell we are getting.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]TubeDude and Babe, I am ready for some 101 Kitty fishing![Wink][/size][/black]
[signature]
Uhhhh sorry to interrupt there uhhh Flyswatting goddess but I think you will need a fast sinking tip for the Kittys.[Tongue]

Are you actually going to try some spin gear?[shocked]

Congratulations. I want to see the pics of that.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3][red][size 4]SSSPPPPPIIIINNIIIINNGGG.[/size][/red] I can't even say it LOL. [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh] I bought some, check this out, TYPE VII sinking line. That stuff is going to drop like a BRICK. I did catch a couple of kittys in Bountiful Pond on a Haresear, right after I told the guys, "You can't catch cat's on a fly".
Had a nice picture of a 21" and the before picture when it had my six weight rod almost forming a complete circle, but sorry, didn't save it and the computer crashed, so alas.....it's gone.[unsure][/size][/black]
[signature]
Picture of Flygoddess wrestling a big catfish on a nearly bent double six weight fly rod ----- Priceless!

(We look forward to hearing about the new tube.)

z~
[signature]
[black][size 3]Thanks Zonker. Haven't heard much from you of late...everything cool?
I need my GOLDEN TROUT fix. Have you been able to get out at all?[/size][/black]
[signature]