Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burbot
Me and my buddy went after the burbot yesterday for the first time....Zero Success....We both had a fish on but lost them both before we could get them through the hole....I don't know if they were burbot or not....They were heavy but didn't fight much....There were about a dozen guys by the cliffs by the boat docks and we only saw one 2lb. mac. caught by the party next to us....Everyone was complaining about the moon phase or whatever other excuse they could come up with....We just about forgot we were in Wyoming, as there was no wind. It was a drop dead gorgeous day.
Thanks to those who steered me in the right direction to get the reciprocal stamp.
[signature]
Buckboard Marina right off the boat launch in about 20' to 40' of water will be burbot . Not all the time but they will swim thru that area . Yeah they don't fight all that great but my biggest wasn't to bad for a fight . Lot of dinky one where I was too .
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report WW, what area were you fishing? From the reports I've read it sounds like the evening is the best time to catch those burbot but at least you got a chance to get out and it was a nice day. Was the snow melting while you were there? WH2
[signature]
We were at Firehole...There was 4 in. of snow on the ice....It was not slushy, and was refreezing when we left....We were the last ones off the ice at around 9:30 PM.....I think everyone else left disgusted, but we hung in there....But, hey that's fishing....Good food and a Great day.
[signature]
If you stayed till 9:30, that should have been long enough to get into the burbot. I like the moon phase excuse as the best reason for not getting into those burbot.[Wink] It's good to know that the snow isn't melting much, I'd like to get up there at least one more time before it starts melting like it is down here. Thanks for the info. WH2
[signature]