Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockCliffs
Curious as to how ice is holding @ Jordenelle. Open water cannot be good. If this weather gets any warmer, I'll be getting the ole boat out of storage early.
[cool]
[signature]
Welcome, I don't know about the boat but some really cold weather may freeze it over enough for someone to walk across the weak spot. I hope not though, last time the ice got weak like that at Jord. (2 years ago???)there was a guy that went right through. I was headed up the next day but called it off. I hate when ice conditions get iffy. Enough of the ice anyway, lake Fork here I come...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I fished Rock Cliff on Wednesday. There WAS an open channel to the south of the ramp/road access point, but the ice was still firm at the edge and over 12" all the way out past the buoys...clear to the main lake.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Daytime temps got over 40 degrees on Wednesday and the main lake had a lot of melted snow on top of the ice in the afternoon. There will likely be some open water out there soon if it does not get colder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Boat access is likely more than a month away. It would take a lot of melting and some heavy wind to clear the lake enough for boating.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Keep watching the boards. We have quite a few "Lake X" fans and some members who regularly drive by the lake and report on observed conditions.[/#0000ff]
[signature]