Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 2-10
Ice 16" thick by the dam but a little mushy next to the shore. Hit it at noon and caught fish the whole time I was there. 1/32 oz hand tied jigs white with a red collar on it with wax worms to start was steady. After an hour switched to White Whatta Crickets and waxworms and all H.E.doublethoothpicks broke out, wahoo!! fish after fish after fish. I was fishing 15' from shore over 21' of water 2 cranks off the bottom. The fish didn't seem to want the jig to be moving. so I would jig it a couple times to get there attention then let it sit.BAM !
[signature]
Hi James, glad to hear that somebody finally was able to have a banner day up there. I need to try there again.

AFDan52
[signature]
James, sounds like a fine day on the ice. Any size to the fish?
[signature]
great post.. I hope to make it up there in the next couple of weeks.. i have never been there and would like to go once this year..
[signature]
We were a little deeper in about 30 feet of water. We had the same results as you. We were using green and glow rat finkees tipped with gulp green power bait. Great day on the ice. We iced 6 but missed over 2 dozen strong hits. Action was fast from 11 to 12:30.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Hi James !!! We were over on the inlet, and did well, too. Glad your retirement isn't getting in the way of your fishing!
[signature]
I have been up there 4 times so far this year. It has been a great place to take my six year old son as he has hooked into many of the 2lb rainbows. I am definately going back again, it has been my favorite spot to go so far as I am farily new to the sport of ice fishing.
[signature]
1-18" a couple 14" the rest were cookie cutter planter 12-13"

Cowboy: I had a bunch of those worm stealing hits too.
[signature]