Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wht size Jet sled do you like.
So now i have figured out i like the ice fishing what size Jet sled do you all have. At the moment I jsut have a manual auger. I will be getting a gas one eventually but will moet likely get a shelter first so I can talk the wife and kid into going. With that being said what size jetsled due you all have. It will be towed behind either myself or else my Alaskan Malamute.

Thanks
Majja
[signature]
I have the Quick Flip II it comes with its own sled
[signature]
It depends on how much gear you want/need to haul to the ice. I have two Jet Sled Jrs and fits perfectly in my small car. And since they stack together, I can still bring a goodly amount of gear for me and my kids and split it up between the two sleds. I also installed PVC pole holders on one of them (my main sled) to keep them safe between the parking lot and between holes.
[signature]
I have a standard size jet sled,if you get a gas augar you will need one that long
[signature]
Standard size. Jr was to small for me. I wanted a sled big and deep enough to get all of my gear down into. When I take my shelter it sits on top with a couple of bungies to hold it in place.
[signature]
There are 3 sizes of sleds. I like the middle one. I have the junior and it's way too small for a full day on the ice.
My other sled is the middle sized one and it fits in the back of my SUV where a large one won't.
The middle size also keeps you from taking too much gear out on the ice. When you are pulling the sled by hand, keeping it light is a must.
There is a new brand out that Sportsman's carries that is about the same length as a jet sled but deeper and keeps everything in the sled better. My son has it and we both like it over my jet sled.
[signature]
I haul lots of gear out on the ice and I upgraded this year from the regular Jet Sled to the Jet Sled XL and I think that it is great. I drive a Suburban so I have plenty of room for it.
[signature]
[Wink] Before you spend your money on a jet sled, Go check out an Otter sled. I have one and love it andI know others on this site have otters and love them to. They have them at sportsmans. Theyu have a higher front for towing by either you, the dog or a machine. They are also deeper and might only cost you a few bucks more. They are built so much better.

Jus my two cents worth.

Riley
[signature]
I love my Otter Wilderness series. I don't have a shante but I use my EZ-UP vender booth as a tent. It's pretty heavy so I pimped out my sled with custom aluminum rails and eyelets so I can tie down the EZ-UP. Pretty solid little sled now and definitally snowmobile worthy!! I'll post pics today or tomorrow!
[signature]
Get the BIGGEST one that your vehicle can accomodate. My 95 Cherokee, with the back seat folded down, would only accomodate the LARGE size (not the XL size) Jet sled. So that is the one I use. My gas auger fits but just barely. When I buy my new truck, I'll be buying a larger Jet sled!
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
[cool]Well, mine is too big and won't fit in my trunk, 'cause I've got the biggest one they make. Anybody wanna trade me strait across for the next size down? It will fit great in a pick-up or SUV. Let me know if anybody's interested...
[signature]
Thanks for all the info, I will have to go take a look, but is sounds like the mid size is the winner.
[signature]
I bought the reg size and it has worked great for me. I pull it behind my ATV. Between the sled and my ATV racks I can always take out to much junk onto the ice!!
[signature]