Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cherry Beach tubin' report
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]Tubed this morning at Cherry Beach from 6-10am for one shovelnose shark and one smoothound shark. The Shovelnose was caught by the bouys and the Smoothound was caught close to shore.

Minh, Gilbert, Richard and Larry were out there and by the time I was leaving they didn't have too much luck either.

I got my live Sardines at Norm's. The cost for them is $5.50 for 12 not $8.00.

Smelts were very easy to get on the Belmont Pier but the fishing was very slow in Long Beach.
Kiyo[Image: bullwhip.gif] ------------------[Image: dolphin.gif] [/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool] Hey brother. That's why they call it fishing...and not harvesting. We all need a few days of "fishing lite" to make us appreciate those rare and wonderful times when it all comes together.

Anything unusual going on in the area? More fresh water or mud? Sudden changes in water temps? Fronts moving through? Wrong phase of the moon? Sun coming up in the west and sinking in the east? Just trying to help you out man. Pick the excuse of your choice.

That's why they invented the "fisherman's lament"..."You should have been here yesterday...and just wait until tomorrow."
[signature]
Hey whats up Kiyo....

Yeah... I wound up with a halie that was an inch short.... Larry L. trolled over

the same spot and caught a legal... I accused him of keeping my fish and

remeasuring.... (j/k)... try again this sunday... gotta fix the car sometimes...
[signature]
[cool]My bad... been reading this msg board... really rude of me...

HELLO EVERYBODY...!!!!!![sly][sly]
[signature]
[cool]Welcome aboard halibut. Nice to have you drop in. We would be honored to have you post your trips and respond to the questions we get.

What kind of craft are you piloting around these days? Got a pic to post?
[signature]
See, I knew the Halibut would be coming soon![Wink]

We are having a tournament tomorrow morning. Getting bait on the Belmont Pier at sunrise.
[signature]

Hey there Kiyo,

Did you or are you gonna check out those seminars: 'Flyfishing the California Coast' and 'Float Tubing the Bays' Safely? Lots of really neat info and great pictures of shore fishing and LOCATIONS!!!!!!

I attended a bunch of the seminars twice!! ha ha Sorry we didn't hook up! As you know, I'm a no go on Saturday so so much for tomorrow. You gotta be doing something like that next year dude!!

JapanRon
tsurikichi
[signature]
[laugh][laugh]Hey JapanRon,

I tried to go this year but I have lots of OT at work right now. I have to work tomorrow for another 12 hours all OT.[Smile] Won't be able to fish this week but hopefully soon.

As for a booth next year.... Maybe??? I would have to team up with someone else though. $1000.00 or more for a small booth is a bit too much for giving info. out don't you think?[laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]

Hey Kiyo,

Ya, a booth would be cool but I was thinkin' more along the lines of you doing a killer seminar on tubing and especially the halibut catching. Of which you and 2002's baytuber champion are the experts!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Kiyo, with several months to put it together, you should be able to pick up a couple of sponsors and go commercial. Heck, hit Angler (BFT administrator) up for some help or suggestions. Only problem is that darn work thing. Sure does interfere with the fishing schedule.
[signature]
Hey TubeDude,

I have a Kenebec. outfitted with rod holders (homemade)... I try to get you a pic as soon as I can locate my digital camera (Missing at the moment). There is a pic of it in Kiyo's baytubers site. and in another site but I forgot which site... I will try to post as often as I can....
[signature]
[cool]Hey, halibut, is this it? Found this pic on Kiyo's site. If it's yours, that's a nice setup. If it's not yours, it's still nice.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage1176105.jpg]

(sorry about the oversize. My setup at the office will not let me downsize it to 400 pixels. Will fix it later)
[signature]
no, not mine.... a good pic of what it used to be is here [url "http://www.allsportfishing.com/rigged/rack.html"]http://www.allsportfishing.com/rigged/rack.html[/url] I did not it was on this site saw it one day... the tube towards the back (upright) is for the net when on the water. the rack on the other side was not on this particular day when the pic was taken..
[signature]
[cool]If you have some scanned pics and need to upload them, send them to me and I will do the honors.

I saw your smiling face with one of those giant squid in the Baytubers site. You should post that if you want to give the rookies something to think about. I'll bet you got some fine eating off that baby. Love squid steaks.
[signature]
Thanks, will do so in the future!!!
[signature]
[Image: 27_laughing.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4][Image: 27_laughing.gif][Image: 27_laughing.gif] Hey halibut[Image: exclam.gif] [Image: exclam.gif] [Image: exclam.gif] [Image: exclam.gif]

You sly dog[Image: 27_laughing.gif] [Image: 27_laughing.gif] When Tubedude said he saw your picture on my site I new it was you!!![Image: 27_laughing.gif] What's up Minh!! You going tubing this weekend?

Kiyo[Image: bullwhip.gif] ----------------------[Image: dolphin.gif] [/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey what's up Kiyo!!!!![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Rich S. and I went to Seal Beach pier last night... caught a couple of short Halies... Rich caught one and me one. They were a blast on 6 lbs test.... I heard news that halies were caught at the south side of SB pier at the naval jetty... last one was 28 inches and a couple broke off... haven't tried myself though. Told you I was Halibut a while back... just don't post that often... I type too slow..[sly][/size][/font]
[signature]