Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 02/19/07
Me and Redcat went to the narrows this morning determined to get some crappie. Instead, he pulled up a 13' smallie and a couple perch. We fished in 40 ft with Kastmasters tipped with worms. A good day. Windy at first, but that died down and it got pretty cold.

Sides were still soft, but not as bad as Friday, but I would still recommend a plank if you are gonna go fishing here.
[signature]
[Wink] Nice fish Wildcard. Man those perch are FATTTTTT TOADS.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Nice work on the smallie![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Nice job on the smallie, wildcard. A friend from work and I went over to Cemetary Point. It was pretty slow for us too, but we got a few. He got 13 and I got 5. Very slow, but still a lot better than work. That wind was pretty dang cold, to say the least. Glad my buddy brought his shelter, 'cause the wind was kicking around for most of the day where we were. Wish I had a power auger so that we could have moved around a bit more when the bite was slow where we were. We fished in 45 feet deep. Saw the crappies coming through all day at different times on the finder (about 10 feet off the bottom) but we couldn't get them to touch our stuff when we reeled up to try and temp them...

That will probably be my last ice trip of the year since it's getting warm now and there's won't be any decent edges soon. Also, the ice is too damn thick right now for someone without a power auger...

Forgot to mention, but edges are starting to get soft, and temps were probably about 35 when we left. With another week of warm weather, I would think that you'll need a plank to get off the lake...
[signature]