Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headed to the Berry
[cool] Heading for the Berry today. Looking to get on the fish, Any one with some info would be awesome. Baits, general areas, depths. jigs ?? I'd be appreciative of any of the above. FISH ON........[cool] Hows the wind / weather ??
As far as baits go, it seems that small white or glow tubes or Maniac Ice Cutr's work the best all tipped with a meal worm. Just get away from the crowds When I was up there a couple of weeks ago the bite was real light and fast so keep a close eye on your rods. If you have a wheeler or sled my buddy did real well about 3/4 of a mile out form the ladders just off the little island, he said they were in about 55 feet of water and were getting fish all through the column. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Majja
[signature]
We headed out from Chicken Creek East and fished in about 30 to 40 feet of water. Like it has been posted steer clear of the crowds. It was about a week ago that I made it out to the Berry and after trying about everything I had in the tackle selection I found that a charteuse Ice Cut'r tipped with a mealy or power bait seemed to work the best. Good luck and let us know how it goes..........

Bass_Turd
[signature]
Hit CCE and hardly a sole out there. 2 other groups of 2.

Beautiful Day. Plenty of sun & fun.

Fishing was awesome... The catching was a tad slow.

About 10" snow, 2-3" slush, 20+" of ice.

We managed to find some cuts. Just hit often enuf to keep teasing us not to move & drill new holes. They measured anywheres from 19" - 21.5"
You would think thats as large they get. Seems that way for the past year & 1/2.[crazy]