Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making the change
I'm going through a change right now with the ammo I use in my .270..... Up until now I have shot the Federal prem 140gr. trophy bonded (nickel casing). Now all they sell in that bullet is the high energy (brass casing) and I can't seem to get much better than a 3 inch pattern. A 3 inch pattern at 100yds is not something I'm prepared to live with[Wink]. My first thought was to switch over to either the accu-bond or the triple shock. Before I do, I would like to hear what some of you use and why?
[signature]
Dumb Question, but, are the bullet weights the same?

Have you thought about the hornaday light mag loads? I used to shoot them in my .270 and they were fantastic. Jsut a thought. Kents, 318 Washington has them
[signature]
Yeah, both bullets were the 140gr trophy bonded. One cartridge was high energy and the other wasn't. My gun shot the standard (non-high energy) loads much better. How is the down-range performance of the Hornady light mag loads?
[signature]
Good down range. All of the info about the bullet and load are on the side of the box. That way you can look at it before you buy them
[signature]